• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

jo65.jpg

always thought this one was hilarious

So many of the Jimmy's are, but I liked them as a kid and they still seem pretty cool now. I don't for a second think that the artists and writers were serious -- Jimmy's covers and stories were "tongue in cheek."

TOU065.jpg

Jeez! Are you and Adam having a contest? (worship)

lol Two things one should never do: (1) spit into the wind and (2) challenge either you or adamstrange to a 10-cent era DC throwdown. But thanks for tossing a little love the Space Ranger's way.

jo65.jpg

always thought this one was hilarious

So many of the Jimmy's are, but I liked them as a kid and they still seem pretty cool now. I don't for a second think that the artists and writers were serious -- Jimmy's covers and stories were "tongue in cheek."

They may have been tongue in cheek, but I distinctly remember taking all the Superman books very seriously when I was young! Ah, to be young and innocent again...

Oh, you BRUTE!

JIM_65.jpg

Not just any Brute. The Brute that walks! :o

The Brute that got so many moving violations that he couldn't afford insurance!

Jack

the Brute that takes the bus

"Gaze upon me mortals, and tremble, for I am the brute that walks."

hm Kind of fancy language for a brute.

tomahawk65.jpg

Amazing copy. What strikes me is how dark it is compared to my copy. You can't even see the detail in the bushes on your copy.

Tomahawk65.jpg