• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Yup, I'm a Grandenetti believer in spades (pun entirely intended).

Mick, you're on a serious roll! Love these books. Especially the rare, high grade Westerns.

This is the first Mystery in Space I ever bought, back in the early 90's. I wasn't really collecting comics at the time but I wandered in a LCS as saw it in a glass case and had to have it. I fell in love with the Infantino scenery on Rann. I think it was $13 back then, which was a lot of money for a comic.

MIS70.jpg

Gunsmoke Western 70 May-62 -- I think this one is a scarce 12¢ western.

gunsmokewestern70.jpg

Mystery in Space 70 Sep-61 -- HCl in Adam Strange, phosphorus in backup. I bet I'm the only one that keeps notes like that! (A repeat already.)

mystinspace70-1.jpg

Tomahawk 70 Oct-60 -- Iron Chief cover

tomahawk70.jpg

First Love Illustrated 70 Nov-56 --Harvey, Kirby cover. A bit faded but I think another scarce one.

Firstlove70.jpg

Our Army at War 70 May-58 -- Grandenetti cover, John Severin, Mort Drucker. Quite a line-up. (Another repeat.)

OAAW70.jpg

A silly aluminum page from Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen 70 Jul-63 with the silver kryptonite cover.

JO70-2.jpg

hm. Photobucket went down for maintenance. Maybe more later.

Jack

I know....I was ready to upload 20 + #70 images for the day and Photobucket is closed for maintainence.....what a time to pick for that... rantrant Oh well...guess I'll go back and take another look at the 70's posted so far....

This is the first Mystery in Space I ever bought, back in the early 90's. I wasn't really collecting comics at the time but I wandered in a LCS as saw it in a glass case and had to have it. I fell in love with the Infantino scenery on Rann. I think it was $13 back then, which was a lot of money for a comic.

MIS70.jpg

Nice....Wait'll ya see my copy John T...Yours will look even better...

Gunsmoke Western 70 May-62 -- I think this one is a scarce 12¢ western.

gunsmokewestern70.jpg

Mystery in Space 70 Sep-61 -- HCl in Adam Strange, phosphorus in backup. I bet I'm the only one that keeps notes like that! (A repeat already.)

mystinspace70-1.jpg

Tomahawk 70 Oct-60 -- Iron Chief cover

tomahawk70.jpg

First Love Illustrated 70 Nov-56 --Harvey, Kirby cover. A bit faded but I think another scarce one.

Firstlove70.jpg

Our Army at War 70 May-58 -- Grandenetti cover, John Severin, Mort Drucker. Quite a line-up. (Another repeat.)

OAAW70.jpg

A silly aluminum page from Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen 70 Jul-63 with the silver kryptonite cover.

JO70-2.jpg

hm. Photobucket went down for maintenance. Maybe more later.

Jack

Nice mix Jack...your MIS is better 'in my copy...