• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

ghostlytales_71.jpg

Nice selection today...I showed the #70 yesterday. I really liked the Charlton horror books when I was a kid...

Phantom Surfer? lol Sounds like a Scooby Doo villian.

There is so much wrong with this cover I cannot begin to list it all:

1.Ollie is suddenly left handed for composition purposes.

2.You can't fling an arrow with a whip antenna in the manner shown - a bow consists of several distinct parts but the important thing is you need the piece you pull against (the wood or composite of the bow) and something to transfer that stored energy to the arrow (the string)

3.I figure Bruce's suit is insulated againt the coming shock - but the neither the bird or Bruce are grounded - so it isn't going to be a big shock.

4.I can't decipher the perspective, because Bruce & Ollie's heads are similar in size, but I think the head of that arrow must be 8 or 9 inches long...

5.Again with the perspective, but it looks like the birds legs grow right out of the top if its breastbone.

6.Why is Ollie's costume all torn up, but he isn't even scratched?

Enjoy

Lee

Another Mica on the boards. :o

I've found that when considering SA DC covers, it's best just not to think about them too much. You'll drive yourself crazy.

I'm reminded of a Superman cover where he apparently joins the army and is parachuting out of a plane. He has a helmet on and is carrying a rifle. He's freakin' SUPERMAN for criminy sakes, does he need a helmet or rifle? :screwy:

BUT I like the cover - the idea is not bad, the composition is fine, coloring jumps nicely. I guess I just like Ollie and I think he gets shafted with this - (archery joke...)

L

There is so much wrong with this cover I cannot begin to list it all:

1.Ollie is suddenly left handed for composition purposes.

2.You can't fling an arrow with a whip antenna in the manner shown - a bow consists of several distinct parts but the important thing is you need the piece you pull against (the wood or composite of the bow) and something to transfer that stored energy to the arrow (the string)

3.I figure Bruce's suit is insulated againt the coming shock - but the neither the bird or Bruce are grounded - so it isn't going to be a big shock.

4.I can't decipher the perspective, because Bruce & Ollie's heads are similar in size, but I think the head of that arrow must be 8 or 9 inches long...

5.Again with the perspective, but it looks like the birds legs grow right out of the top if its breastbone.

6.Why is Ollie's costume all torn up, but he isn't even scratched?

Enjoy

Lee

Another Mica on the boards. :o

I've found that when considering SA DC covers, it's best just not to think about them too much. You'll drive yourself crazy.

I'm reminded of a Superman cover where he apparently joins the army and is parachuting out of a plane. He has a helmet on and is carrying a rifle. He's freakin' SUPERMAN for criminy sakes, does he need a helmet or rifle? :screwy:

you mean this?

sm133.jpg

Great Ruben Moreia wash-tone cover.

HOM_70.jpg

Great cover (And story along with it by Kirby if I remember correctly) but I don't think that is a wash tone, it just had a little more time spent with the color.

I agree -- not every cover with shading was done with wash tones. I don't think Adler worked on this one.

Jack