• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Glad at least one of you appreciate the Swamp Thing. This is for Bonds25. I did not collect these till the end of the series unfortunately. I have maybe another dozen issues. I wish I'd have kept it going to the mid 1990's...as I recall is when it was canceled.

SwampThing72.jpg

72~

Well, I'm never going to be able to post 20 covers seadevils - and if I was it would have to have been while we were in the 20's or even the teens.

but after yesterday I have to go with the my very favorite B&B cover after the beginning of the superhero run (the early issues with Viking Prince and the lot were the bestest)

BB72.jpg

and some cool imaging of Aquaman

JLA72.jpg

And I guess that's it till tomorrow.

Happy Friday

72~

Well, I'm never going to be able to post 20 covers seadevils - and if I was it would have to have been while we were in the 20's or even the teens.

but after yesterday I have to go with the my very favorite B&B cover after the beginning of the superhero run (the early issues with Viking Prince and the lot were the bestest)

BB72.jpg

Happy Friday

Awesome copy Lee. :applause: Makes me want to touch up my B&B collection among others. You're not as old as I am Lee...otherwise you probably would be able to post 20+ issues....As I recall you said you were in your 20's? I'm impressed someone so young has a silver-collection you've amassed thus far. Keep pluggin' (thumbs u Course I'm still a young 46 for a couple more days.

What's awesome is seeing not neccessarilly Super HG examples of scarce books,..but copies that are way nicer than the norm for scarcer Silver-age titles.

There are always HG copies of Super-Heroes available.......But Funny Animals...and Comick1's Big Five War titles and those Western issues.....The nice Mystery In Space that have been shown. The Atlas pre-hero Marvel Monsters that Adamstrange and others are showing. ...Romance books, Sci-Fi like those Planet Comics are awesome!!!! And among the Highest grades I've ever seen if I've ever seen at all.

They may not all be 9.2's and up...but I consider any of these HG at 7.0 or better. Or should we say the best examples that can be had abroad...

If I only went for 9.2's + I'd only have 100's of books in my collection instead of 1000's.

Thanks for sharing everyone....

MIS72.jpg

Likewise, John! THAT is beautiful! Love Infantino's aliens. They always seemed more sinister than other artists' aliens for some reason. Maybe the elongated lines? Quintessential Infantino cityscape, too. Awesome copy!

Not near as nice as John T's copy....... .here's my MIS....This is one collection I'm going to upgrade as a priority...

MysteryInSpace71.jpg

Doesn't look that bad. 10-centers are allowed to have a little wear--unless you're Inaflash, Adamstrange, Zzutak, Silver, Comick1, or AtlasFan.

Probably skipped someone there...sorry!

Those guys are no different than me except they probably do not show their worse copies. I have many books as nice as them...but I collect so many titles that the grades overall are a mixed bag. If you notice when I show 15 to 20 books there are a few HG's in the mix. A couple low's and average about mid-grade. It's not about who has the nicest copy...but for some perhaps it is. And I love seeing the HG copies..especially if mine is a lesser example. Keep 'em rollin' gang!!

I really enjoy the variety of books you post here. You are making my want list grow exponentially, for the day when I have the funds again!

72~

BB72.jpg

Happy Friday

Awesome copy Lee. :applause: Makes me want to touch up my B&B collection among others. You're not as old as I am Lee...otherwise you probably would be able to post 20+ issues....As I recall you said you were in your 20's? I'm impressed someone so young has a silver-collection you've amassed thus far. Keep pluggin' (thumbs u Course I'm still a young 46 for a couple more days.

This is a great comic. When I got back into collecting and started working on the B&B run, this was one of the last issues among the surrounding ones that I needed. Then one day I was visiting my mom and thumbing through my 'old' collection up in her attic and I found a copy! I had bought one during my first collecting phase and forgotten I had it. Mine's not a 9.2, though.