• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Anyone want another helping of GROGG?

ST_87.jpg

I bet Martin Goodman checked the sales on each issue and when one sold well he had Stan and the boys bring that monster back for an encore.

My copy of today's MIS (need an upgrade). Kind of a bittersweet issue. Marks the beginning of the end for Adam Strange, because they decided they needed Hawkman to pick up sales, apparently. Still, the four issue run was fantastic, culminating in the teamup with Adam and Hawkman.

MIS87.jpg

What does your killer Action Comics collection consist of?
I don't want to derail the thread but, since it's your thread, I have about 59 books. (That includes the ones i'm waiting on! :grin:) All but 7 are under #100 The run I am working on is from #1 through #158. The majority were originally purchased raw.

I'll post some clickable thumbnails. (I'm waiting to recieve #11 CGC 5.5 #104 CGC 9.4 and a Nice raw copy of #117 with a cool Christmas cover. A hard to find book in grade ) #87 isn't in the group shots but, i'll post it tomorrow. I have an unbroken run from #71 to #93

Thanks for the interest,

Mike

th_Groupshotof55Feb09001.jpg

th_Groupshotof55Feb092001.jpg

th_Groupshotof55Feb09002.jpg

th_Groupshotof55Feb09003.jpg

th_Groupshotof55Feb09004.jpg

th_Groupshotof55Feb09005.jpg

th_Groupshotof55Feb09006.jpg

th_Groupshotof55Feb09007.jpg

th_Groupshotof55Feb09008.jpg

What group of group shots!!! (worship)

What a awesome collection! :cloud9:

Thanks guys! :)

Action87CGC55004.jpg

Along the line of everyone else's comments, it's been a real privilege to see these early Actions. As a collector of Silver Age Actions, it's cool to see Superman's roots!

ST_87.jpg

I bet Martin Goodman checked the sales on each issue and when one sold well he had Stan and the boys bring that monster back for an encore.

I bet Goodman didn't even look at the sales and Stan & Jack just liked him.

ST_87.jpg

I bet Goodman didn't even look at the sales and Stan & Jack just liked him.

Its interesting to note that GROGG's close cousin FIN FANG FOOM switch from orange to green and back again from the covers to the stories! Giant green/orange dragons must have caused some kind of spike in the sales figures for those issues... I wonder if gorilla covers sold better than dragon covers???