• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Wendy_89.jpg

Harvey covers don't grab me very often, but WOW! I like everything about this one. Even the coloring is great. It might have been quite scary to a little kid, like a classic "helpless" nightmare.

I know that these are poorly documented, but do you have any idea who drew it? Who's Who suggests Ben Brown (who?), maybe Warren Kremer. Didn't Ernie Colon draw Wendy? He's not listed.

Thanks,

Jack

Magic Comics 89

magic89.jpg

All-American Men of War 89 -- I'm really not so fond of the split covers. This is the period that Lichtenstein was sampling heavily. His "Jet Pilot" came from this issue.

AAMOW89fc.jpg

Giggle Comics 89 -- great silly cover. Probably Dan Gordon, maybe Ken Hultgren. Usually I find Hultgren's cartooning funnier, but I tend to mix them up.

Giggle89.jpg

Jack

Harvey covers don't grab me very often, but WOW! I like everything about this one. Even the coloring is great. It might have been quite scary to a little kid, like a classic "helpless" nightmare.

I know that these are poorly documented, but do you have any idea who drew it? Who's Who suggests Ben Brown (who?), maybe Warren Kremer. Didn't Ernie Colon draw Wendy? He's not listed.

Thanks,

Jack

I love the colors on this one as well. Some Harveys had some amazingly colorful covers.

As far as who drew it? No idea really. :( Doesn't look like Ernie Colon to me.

JimmyOlsen89.jpg

I wonder if Paratrooper would even lower himself to own this issue. One of the dumbest covers I've ever seen. So a parachute comes out of a flashlight, huh? Bet that's easy to hold on to when it deploys. And there's a flamethrowing device in his button. And a laser in his bow tie. And apparently these weapons can be aimed somehow.

JimmyOlsen89.jpg

I wonder if Paratrooper would even lower himself to own this issue. One of the dumbest covers I've ever seen. So a parachute comes out of a flashlight, huh? Bet that's easy to hold on to when it deploys. And there's a flamethrowing device in his button. And a laser in his bow tie. And apparently these weapons can be aimed somehow.

Classic Jimmy, isn't it?

I bet Paratrooper already has it (usually if you write his name 3 times he shows up.) He might not have the silly Jerry that was posted right next to it though. Paratrooper -- and shiverbones with the Candyland theme!

JerryLewis89.jpg

Jack