• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

It's a bit late to go all the way back to Day 122, but here's a nice four-issue sequence, thanks to a little help from my friend adamstrange. Enjoy!

SSC126-RC.jpg

SSC127-RC.jpg

StarSpangled128-1.jpg
SSC129-RC.jpg

Another Wonderful Wonder Family cover!

WW_129.jpg

Nice book once again - I dont think I've seen this cover before or I would've bought it :cloud9:

Lee

and finally - a JLoA that I really like - (Ok except Superman's super-neck, borrowed from Elongated Man for the cover)...but Hawkman's wings are a fabulous play of light & shadow, and the detail on the Tower, and the robot are enough to make the scene feel real.

One thing that happens here - and also Brave & Bold (67 ? - is that the batman/flash issue?)...is that Bruce is showing up before Barry - he's the Flash, shouldn't he show up before everyone else, or at least at the same time as Supes? Just doesn't compute to me...enjoy your weekend & mother's day

129JLA.jpg

Lee

StarSpangled128-1.jpg

What an interesting book: a mystery/horror themed character, Robin, and Tomahawk. I was totally unaware of this run.

And once again, beautiful copy!

Thanks. It's part of DC's attempt to compete during the pre-code horror era.

StarSpangled129-1.jpg

It's a bit late to go all the way back to Day 122, but here's a nice four-issue sequence, thanks to a little help from my friend adamstrange. Enjoy!

SSC126-RC.jpg

SSC127-RC.jpg

Interesting how DC was experimenting with that cover technique for a while around 1952 -- printing an image in color without the black inking. (Someone else can explain the production details probably.) Was this Jack Adler's experiment too, like the wash-tones?

It almost disappeared until Marvel picked it up in the 70s, right? (Leading so some of their classic errors when a plate dropped out.)

SSC129-RC.jpg

I really like this one -- like a Black Orchid/ Little Shop of Horrors prototype.

Jack

Some real beaters from me

Four Color 129. Glad to have any copy.

FC129.jpg

Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies 129, the bugs' favorite snack.

LTMM129.jpg

with two pages that I like

Bugs meets a wild alien!

LTMM129Bugs.jpg

Mary Jane and Sniffles -- I'm still trying to decide whether this is late Roger Armstrong or early Al Hubbard.

LTMM129MaryJane.jpg

The reprint that keeps us cheapskate, non-Punisher fans from having a hole in our Amazing Spider-Man run.

asm129lg.jpg

Jack

I was waiting for the asm 129..by the way ..that tommy gunon Star splangled comic 127...Sweeeeet!! ohh and how the young kids say: "It's gangta"