• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Although I kind of like this cover, this is the WORST Flash story of the early run. Flash is turned into a puppet. doh!

Flash133.jpg

Stupid yet quintessential Silver Age Flash cover!

What comic-book fan wouldn't love, "I've got the strangest feeling I'm being turned into a PUPPET!" (I suppose an overly serious one.)

I don't remember the story at all.

Great copy.

Jack

Nope. That's a Heath cover.

That has to be Kubert.

I thought it had touches of both. GCD credits it as Kubert pencils and Heath inks. Everybody's a winner! ^^

Only thing even vaguely Kubertesque about that is the central action taking place within a black "vacuum." Kubert employed that on a number of other covers, but Heath--the perfectionist for details--was virtually incapable of NOT filling in background and foreground elements. If Kubert had ANYTHING to do with this, it would have been that he had Heath kidnapped from the Playboy mansion out of desperation in order to fulfill the deadline and dumped Heath off in a back alley as soon as Heath finished the minimum action to convey the scene.

Sometimes the GCD gets it wrong.

It IS true that Heath signed virtually everything he ever did. . .more so than Kubert for that matter. The poses of the figures AND the crosshatching on the tank are the giveaways. Kubert just didn't make longshot figures like that.

If you look at the faces of the soldiers, they are definitely Kurbertesque, but the shadowing and detail are Heath's style.

I still believe that this is a layout by Kubert, finished and inked by Heath...either way I've always loved the cover.

If anyone finds any definitive info on that cover, I'd love to hear it.

3085866450_321384e7f4_o.jpg

CLASSIC late Atomic/ early Silver Batman as he picks up all of Superman's goofy tricks -- pet, silly other-dimensional nemesis, meddling dame, etc.

Horrible, yet I love the cover!

Jack

I like Bat-hound's dog tag.

Although I kind of like this cover, this is the WORST Flash story of the early run. Flash is turned into a puppet. doh!

Flash133.jpg

Stupid yet quintessential Silver Age Flash cover!

What comic-book fan wouldn't love, "I've got the strangest feeling I'm being turned into a PUPPET!" (I suppose an overly serious one.)

I don't remember the story at all.

Great copy.

Jack

Guess I'm over serious. :grin:

COWABUNGA! The whole Wonder Family is shooting the curls...but only Diana could do it while wearing heels!

WW_133.jpg

]

Really enjoying these WW's. I've never seen the majority of them.

I'll take those kinds of leftovers!

That black 134 has got to be tough in grade. Beautiful copy!

Anyone know what happened to Seadevils? Hope he's just busy.

I wondered too -- maybe on vacation?

I miss his major contributions!

Silver, you know him, right? Any word?

Jack