• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

wf135.jpg

DC loved the color-draining shtick, and it was visually fun.

Ever read the Sponge-Man story from Challengers of the Unknown #47, where he absorbs all color? It's a hoot.

Anyone have a page scan?

Jack

Hmm...How unusual for multiple Dianas to appear on a cover of Wonder Woman.

WW_134.jpg

Is 5 a record?

Wonder Tot, Girl, Woman + Mom = 4 wasn't uncommon. Too bad she didn't have a Wonder Dog.

Jack

04-22-2006.jpg

Oo-ooo-oooh, it makes me Wonder...

Jack

(Any relation to Rex?)

79634.jpg.360164a79cd6ccfc5d7d576ef38feba3.jpg

The only book I have scanned for today...

BB135.jpg

I like Aparo's take on Metal Men.

Just two 135s scanned here

Forbidden Worlds 135 -- in its superhero phase, featuring moonlighting Schaffenberger as "Lou Wahl"

forbiddenworlds135.jpg

I'm not a big Eerie fan, but this is a good issue with lots of Ditko stories

eerie135.jpg

Jack

I'm not a big Eerie fan, but this is a good issue with lots of Ditko stories

eerie135.jpg

Jack

Give that man a chainsaw and a 1973 Oldmobile Delta 88, and they could have saved some money on the Army of Darkness poster.

333592~Army-of-Darkness-Posters.jpg

I remember buying this copy at a flea market in 1986. It was the oldest Batman the seller had, so I bought it. I was 13 or 14 so I didn't know any better about condition. (shrug)

3502390177_641d24fb73_o.jpg

The fact that you've kept it all these years says a lot. The book is the catalyst for the memory, and memories are the best thing about being a collector. I can still recall finding a totally beat copy of JLA #16 in a local barber shop about three or four months after it had hit the stands. It was the only issue I needed to complete my run, and I was stoked when the barber said I could take it. I treasured that pound puppy as much as any pedigreed book in my collection.

And I still smile when I think about that day. :cloud9:

Well..this goes to show, it's all nostalgia..this comic cover is weak..c'mon, this cover is th eepidemy of sorry!

Boy, you're really outdoing yourself on the trolling lately. (tsk)

hoppy134.jpg

hoppy135.jpg

REALLY enjoyed seeing all the Hopalongs. Sad to see the series come to an end. The Kane covers are outstanding.

Thanks, John. Hen's teeth every step of the way. Kane liked 'em, too. Between the Hoppys, the Johnny Thunder work, and a handful of mystery/sci-fi work, there weren't many times that he was allowed to self-ink in the 50s. . .DC made a woefully poor decision by insisting on the "house-style" over his self-inks. You can tell how much he enjoyed 'em, too because they're just so much better than the stuff that other people (even, gulp. . .Murphy Anderson) inked.