• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

House of Mystery 162 with more Silver-Age Silliness by Jim Mooney, but it won't last much longer.

Pink Porcupine-Man (tee hee)

hom162.jpg

Adventures into the Unknown 162 with Nemesis.

I've read that these Chic Stone covers are largely Kafka/Wahl/Schaffenberger despite the signature. Mean trees and a crotch-centric pose!

advdunkn1620001.jpg

Jungle Comics 162 with a blue gorilla on leave from DC Comics. Penultimate issue. Is that a Celardo cover? (A fair-to-middlin' Whitman cover?)

Jungle162.jpg

Jack

Adventures into the Unknown 162 with Nemesis.

I've read that these Chic Stone covers are largely Kafka/Wahl/Schaffenberger despite the signature. Mean trees and a crotch-centric pose!

advdunkn1620001.jpg

I don't know if the Chic Stone covers are largely Schaffenberger. I would think that if Schaffenberger had any part in them, it is that he might have done the layout and/or the pencils, with Chic Stone doing the inks.

By the way, I have the original cover art for this issue. If I ever photograph it, I'll post it.

OAAW163.jpg

How did DC handle these Sgt Rock/ Viking Prince team-ups?

Time travel? Dreams? Imaginary stories? Earth-B?

My only scanned 163:

Blackhawk 163

Blackhawk163.jpg

And a wasp-waisted Zinda picture (out of uniform) from inside

Blackhawk163Zinda001.jpg

Jack