• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

I've never seen all those Superman Family covers before. Enjoying them a lot, thanks for sharing!

For some reason I thought SF only fan for 10 or 12 issues and then was canceled. I've never seen most of these $1 books...

:o Just checked...the series ran through 222! I had no idea. Might have to check some of them out...

3623077110_000648bf54_o.jpg

Whoever wrote this story must have been watching some old Warner Brothers cartoons. The Great Piggy Bank Robbery, stars Daffy Duck as Duck Twacy. After knocking himself out, Daffy imagines he is Duck Twacy and encounters many villains including, Rubber Head, a dead ringer for the character on the cover of this issue of Batman. You can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH6hcVRjJuA

3623077110_000648bf54_o.jpg

Whoever wrote this story must have been watching some old Warner Brothers cartoons. The Great Piggy Bank Robbery, stars Daffy Duck as Duck Twacy. After knocking himself out, Daffy imagines he is Duck Twacy and encounters many villains including, Rubber Head, a dead ringer for the character on the cover of this issue of Batman. You can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH6hcVRjJuA

What a fabulous cartoon, and I remember, "I'm gonna r-r-r-r-r-r-u-u-u-u-b-b-b ya out!" like yesterday.

Then there's this terrifying Giant-Man villain from about 3 years earlier.

Jack

82324.jpg.1935739bd8c44912909f54357a6c4917.jpg

okay, this is one of the most bizzare Superman stories ever. Superman has body parts stolen and crooks buy these parts and have them implanted in their own bodies. This story is continued in the next issue.

wf189.jpg