• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

sf196.jpg

This was the first Superman Family comic I bought off the rack and I had *completely* forgotten what the cover looked like. (Mine lost its cover early on and I doubt I even have it anymore.) For a second I was six years old at the downtown newsstand again.

What a rush! One reason I love this thread.

196.jpg

what title is this?

Gespenster Geschichten. One of the longest-running German comic book series ever. First issue came out around 1974. Got cancelled in 2006 after 1654 (!!!) issues. Was published weekly. Reprinted mostly US short stories for the first couple of years, then moved on to South American/Spanish stuff and eventually included stories by Hansrudi Wäscher, Germany's most prolific comic book creator.

While this was the most successful horror comic over here the artwork and stories tended to get very dull and formulaic pretty quickly. I always preferred the competing title (aptly named "Horror". I have posted a handful of covers in this thread.) which reprinted HOS/HOM stories that did have better art and a surprising twist ending once in a while.