• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

OAAW227.jpg

Now thats the most relevant pro-american army cover I've seen since Schomburg and all the WWII stuff !! Excellent (thumbs u

I'm not certain I understand any editorial direction that starts by having the best selling characters in the company stable say that the heros in the book stink - while towering over them like Greek Gods - all while some Rorhshack look-alike busts up the main characters in the book...I guess I just don't get it. (On the other hand neither the Inferior 5, nor the Maniacs, nor Scooter came over to insult them as well...

Sad, sad day for the Blackhawks.

228 Blackhawk

Lee

As a collector I always hated the red uniforms, possibly because I connected it to the downward spiral the stories were taking - or just my love the the WWII era stories and uniforms. However, they look a little better than I remember - perhaps not good team uniforms, but more stylish at least.

I do love seeing all the Blackhawks you've been putting up.

Thanks PK

I'm not certain I understand any editorial direction that starts by having the best selling characters in the company stable say that the heros in the book stink - while towering over them like Greek Gods - all while some Rorhshack look-alike busts up the main characters in the book...I guess I just don't get it. (On the other hand neither the Inferior 5, nor the Maniacs, nor Scooter came over to insult them as well...

Sad, sad day for the Blackhawks.

228 Blackhawk

Lee

Yeah, I don't get it either.

So what was the "new direction"?

tz230.jpg

Thus begins an absolutely classic run of Kubert Tarzan 100-pagers. In my opinion these are some of the most beautiful books of the BA.

And the interiors are packed full of great art. Kubert took it to another level toward the end of his run on this series: his style became even more raw, his layouts more creative. Plus you had Manning, Kaluta, Nino, and probably some others I'm forgetting about.

Silver, I'm really enjoying your copies! Mine are well-loved and not nearly as attractive. Some day I may upgrade, but to this day I still go back and flipping through books from this run.

My next to last Blackhawk - as for the 'new direction' well, those that don't know will find out tomorrow...and it isn't good.

Lee

:popcorn: