• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Thus begins an absolutely classic run of Kubert Tarzan 100-pagers. In my opinion these are some of the most beautiful books of the BA.

And the interiors are packed full of great art. Kubert took it to another level toward the end of his run on this series: his style became even more raw, his layouts more creative. Plus you had Manning, Kaluta, Nino, and probably some others I'm forgetting about.

Silver, I'm really enjoying your copies! Mine are well-loved and not nearly as attractive. Some day I may upgrade, but to this day I still go back and flipping through books from this run.

Thanks! I was just lucky enough to buy the whole set as an unread original owner set from the guy who bought them. I paid $110 for the whole run at the 1992 SDCC. At the time there were referred to as "The Bag Man" books, they later came to be known as the "The Monterey Collection" after the original owners death.

I agree they are beautiful books, and I too look at mine often. I think the earlier issues were quite collected at the time they came out, so many high grade copies of 207 available. By the time the series ended that wasn't the case.

well - my last Blackhawk, and probably my last post till December when I can start on the checkerboarded Actions, Adventures, and Detectives (*yes, I already know what I am posting on New Year's Eve).

This is how bad it gets right before the end...if you experience any of the symptoms shown on the cover of this book, I recommend updating you will...

230 Blackhawk

Lee K

well - my last Blackhawk, and probably my last post till December when I can start on the checkerboarded Actions, Adventures, and Detectives (*yes, I already know what I am posting on New Year's Eve).

This is how bad it gets right before the end...if you experience any of the symptoms shown on the cover of this book, I recommend updating you will...

Lee K

Doesn't sound like you're diggin' it.

That was my only 230 to post, but your copy blasts mine out of the water.

Jack

230BLACKHAWK.jpg

Lee K

Never collected Batman, but when did Robin become the 'Teen' Wonder?

Judging just by the tag-line under the Robin logo, it looks like the answer is Detective #398. (thumbs u As of #395, he is still listed as Robin, the Boy Wonder. In #396-397 there is no Robin story, Batgirl instead. With #398 he starts being listed as Robin, the Teen Wonder (emphasis in the original), with no other editorial comment.

230BLACKHAWK.jpg

Lee K

When Chop-Chop is the coolest looking character on the cover, the end is definitely near for the Blackhawks. Only four characters/group titles survived WWII, Korea and into Vietnam - Superman (Action/Supes), Batman (Tec/Bats), Wonder Woman and the Blackhawks. But much like my first marriage, the series ended badly.

230BLACKHAWK.jpg

Lee K

icon_lmao.gif