• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Really bad.

Speaking of Really Bad, check out this Aquaman page from Adventure Comics 273.

adv273full.jpg

I have a beater copy but no scan of the cover -- can someone help out with that?

The idea that it's more convenient for Aquaman to carry a tank of oxygen, a tank of hydrogen (I'm surprised that the writer didn't make him carry two of those) and a MATCH (Dammit, Aquaman, don't tell me you got the matches wet AGAIN!) instead of a flask of water utterly cracks me up.

Jack

They aren't even tanks, they're pill-sized canisters. How much water could you even create with that much O and H??? That whole science project looks totally impossible. Wouldn't the gases just escape into the atmosphere???

Of course the whole discussion is crazy, but that much compressed gas might make a few drops of water. If you really wanted to generate water from hydrogen rather than just carrying water, it would make more sense to carry twice as much hydrogen since you've got an unlimited supply of 20% oxygen all around you.

Jack

Too bad he was never introduced to the concept of a canteen.