• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Let's change it up a little...

SH48.jpg

Great selection today JohnT! (thumbs u Love the DC Romance. I have a good collection of them also. I haven't pulled any War and Romance comics for this thread.

And I don't have a G.I. Combat 48. :cry:

Incredible !!

# 48 -

Who's that? Señorita Rio with a blond rinse? Is that a giant swinging the shovel? Cool cover w/ almost no selective ink fading (except maybe Señorita's hair.)

74267.jpg

How are you figuring the numbering on Airboy Comics, since it continues from another series w/ Volume plus number? If there were 12 in each volume, should today be V4#12? I've been skipping V/# books out of uncertainty and laziness.

Sigh. I remember the good ol' days when I had a stack of Airboys...

74268.jpg

Jerry Lewis cameo! I've never seen that one. A challenge for the DC celebrity completist.

74270.jpg

Jack

Here comes the Lower 48!

Conan the Barbarian 48 (why do I have so many Conans in this number range?)

conan48.jpg

Savage Sword of Conan 48

savsword47.jpg

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen 48 -- already seen?

jimmy480001.jpg

Metal Men 48 -- birght! Miscut!

metal480001.jpg

Roy Rogers Comics 48 -- bargain basement beater.

roy48.jpg

Blackhawk 48 --deadly hawks! I like this cover.

Blackhawk48.jpg

NOT my copy of The Funnies 48, but I wish it were. Someone has to show this classic display of Phantasmo, the exhibitionist superhero!

funniesthe48.jpg

Big Town 48 -- great alien cover and the plot of one of the stories hinges on Prussian blue. I think this is a scan of my own copy, although it could be a scavenged scan.

bigtown48.jpg

By far the winner. Popular Comics 48. Martan the Marvel Man, Penguin Pete and more!

popular48.jpg

Jack

Wow!! I need that Big Town issue Jack if you want to sell or trade.

I think it's a keeper because of the oxygen and Prussian blue panels, but I'll let you know if I dig it out of the boxes and decide it can go. My list says it's a VG+ copy.

Jack

k48.jpg

Dang!! I have HG copies of all the DC Tarzans Silver. I thought that I had the Koraks but can't seem to find them. I haven't looked at most of my Bronze-Age collection in 20 years. They've been stored away a long time.

And Korak turns into Tarzan Family :cloud9:

Who's that? Señorita Rio with a blond rinse? Is that a giant swinging the shovel? Cool cover w/ almost no selective ink fading (except maybe Señorita's hair.)

That's a neat idea for a cover but a poorly executed one I've always thought!

Thanks SD for the kudos on the Fight. Stay tuned as my run is complete until # 64 :D

How are you figuring the numbering on Airboy Comics, since it continues from another series w/ Volume plus number? If there were 12 in each volume, should today be V4#12? I've been skipping V/# books out of uncertainty and laziness.

Yes, I started from the very first. You've got to realize though that there is NO vol. 3 # 3 in the series, hence the weird skip. This is issue # 48. (thumbs u