• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Western Outlaws and Sheriffs 62. Maneely "Where's Waldo?"-ish cover.

westernoutlaws62.jpg

That's the most crowded cover I've ever seen!

I was just about to say, busiest cover ever! :applause:

I saw these in the comic store Lee - I didn't fancy them - Thought they wouldn't be that great.

Tell me about them Lee? You've got me interested now! lol.

Part 2 of 3 of the world's coolest story:

IronMan60.jpg

OK - so it really isn't THAT GREAT of a book - but Mike and I are friends, not super close, but I attended his wedding and he came to mine (to my most recent ex-wife). Anyway, Mike modelled the bad guy in this three part story on my face and my stage name & character with a jousting troupe that both he & I are in - so the stories are exceptionally special to me.

Oh - and if you see them in the dollar bin, they're worth the read - just to see how excalibre gets into the stone so Arthur can prove his bonifides later & become king.

Thanks for the interest.

Lee

OK - I'm posting early beacuse I've OT tomorrow.

Challengers again:

Challengers63.jpg

I would've sworn I had a FF 63 scanned too - oh well someone will share.

Till Thursday

L

I've been seeing all these Challengers covers over the last several weeks ... when did the series started to become unreadable or should I say when did it take a dive in quality?

A few # 63. I think the Airboy used to be Jack's?

75266.jpg.8f1db30d94d831bb81156f4cafca0210.jpg

75267.jpg.624354d22186f81a02ce8f771f1ea765.jpg

75268.jpg.50f228b5410c97b46a0ba11a0c2b00c2.jpg

75269.jpg.56fec85e1cc933d925139e50a9eacede.jpg

75270.jpg.229d85d7e3cfc253ae1460ef8a9d2cfb.jpg

Wow. Two days in a row we see copies from that rather obscure Atlas series. This is why the boards are great :cool:

As a bonus, # 63 is listed to have an early Heath story. Scan or pic of the splash of The Rio Killer! :wishluck:

Western Outlaws and Sheriffs 62. Maneely "Where's Waldo?"-ish cover.

westernoutlaws62.jpg

That's the most crowded cover I've ever seen!

I was just about to say, busiest cover ever! :applause:

Maybe holds the record for most words on a comic cover?

I should really rescan a few of the books I've posted :sick:

Final 63 and my favorite :cloud9:

Great book, Scrooge. Love the Tiger, and the way the foliage is faded in the background.

Oh, and love the girl.

OK - I'm posting early beacuse I've OT tomorrow.

Challengers again:

Challengers63.jpg

I would've sworn I had a FF 63 scanned too - oh well someone will share.

Till Thursday

L

"Oh my god!" was a code-approved expletive? I thought they had to soften it up to "Oh my gosh!" Was the code starting to lose its teeth?

Jack

I've been seeing all these Challengers covers over the last several weeks ... when did the series started to become unreadable or should I say when did it take a dive in quality?

A few # 63. I think the Airboy used to be Jack's?

75266.jpg

Yes, but you're the only person that can keep track of the wonky numbering! For most series we'd be on Vol 6 #3 today? I always forget to check those.

Dan Zolnerowich cover.

Anyone want to see the full Kentucky Civil War story that I scanned before it left my hands?

75268.jpg

Very nice cover, credited to Gil Kane(?) at GCD. I like the Indian maiden (Is that really a Kane face? Strong inker?) and sea serpent. There are some missing data like story titles and page counts at GCD. Do you have your copy handy or just the cover scan?

75269.jpg

I like that cover better than Fight Comics today! The title is in its waining months but still looks good. Funny how the kid appears to have a Firehair "action figure" in her arms. Cover is credited to Iger Shop -- mainly Whitman? Maybe the shop credit because it's "many hands"?

Jack