• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Holey Moly!! Lookit all the 63's today!! :o

I didn't have the time to shoot as many #63 as I'd like so this is just all "DC" titles today (what else.. (shrug) ). There's 16 of them. And I still haven't gone thru all of them......Probably gonna be some repeats.... :sorry:

I'll start out with one of my favorite Bronze era anthology sets. Do not recall showing any of these...I just finished shooting all 85 issues of this cool series last night.....

WitchingHour63.jpg

That is a great bronze age cover - and I don't remember many 30 cent covers I liked. I don't remember even stumbling across this one. A very nice hidden gem Seadevils.

lotsa nice late 70's Bronze horror covers, you should take a peek at the runs to see what else you may have missed :)

lotsa nice late 70's Bronze horror covers, you should take a peek at the runs to see what else you may have missed :)

I missed a nice WDCS cover! Did you post then delete it, am I losing my mind, or some combination?

Jack

AllStarComics63.jpg

That's better. Wally Wood. The next issue's even better...

Buckler vs Chua/Chan.

Pencil in the eye vs pencil up your nose. Tough decision.

You're right, Wood helps, but it's still one of Buckler's "Colorforms" layouts -- plus Wood was no longer on top of his game.

Yet I own this series and want to like it, despite the lackluster artwork.

Jack

AllStarComics63.jpg

That's better. Wally Wood. The next issue's even better...

Buckler vs Chua/Chan.

Pencil in the eye vs pencil up your nose. Tough decision.

You're right, Wood helps, but it's still one of Buckler's "Colorforms" layouts -- plus Wood was no longer on top of his game.

Yet I own this series and want to like it, despite the lackluster artwork.

Jack

Yeah, Buckler's layouts are usually blobs of angular figures sketched to fill in all the empty spaces. Very bad.

Wood could still bring it, though. The next cover is a classic.

Nice books Tony D!

Thanks, John. When I sold most of my books in 1989, I saved a set of Neal Adams books. I had multiples of most of the books with his art either on the cover or inside.