• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

avg1-276.jpg

Thor276509x778.jpg

Thor looks really cool in the Avengers 276 cover, he looks like he's ready to kick ! Funny he looks like he got his kicked on the Thor cover. :)

He's not really dead.

Thor276509x778.jpg

Thor looks really cool in the Avengers 276 cover, he looks like he's ready to kick ! Funny he looks like he got his kicked on the Thor cover. :)

He's not really dead.

Jeez, no spoiler space? It's not every day that a comic book hero is declared dead but turns out later not to be.

Er, yes, it is every day, isn't it?

Interesting premise there -- of course Thor SHOULD have red hair, so that looks more like the "real" Thor. I'll never understand why Kirby (or the colorist) didn't give the character red hair.

I'll have to read this issue some day.

Jack

He's not really dead.

Interesting premise there -- of course Thor SHOULD have red hair, so that looks more like the "real" Thor. I'll never understand why Kirby (or the colorist) didn't give the character red hair.

Jack

It's a pretty fun arc, from 273-276. It was the first full Thor multi-issue story that I read as a kid. It's another Ragnarok story, but it sticks pretty close to the Eddas, and it's the story that originally got me interested in mythology.

He's not really dead.

Jack

It's a pretty fun arc, from 273-276. It was the first full Thor multi-issue story that I read as a kid. It's another Ragnarok story, but it sticks pretty close to the Eddas, and it's the story that originally got me interested in mythology.

Rats! I don't have 274-278.

Shouldn't be hard to find though -- bargain-bin fodder.

Thanks,

Jack

well, no one said anything about yesterdays's Action. Steecity comented that he liked Action 266 because of the scene on the cover. This one is similiar, and has a different color palette.

act277cgc.jpg

Ah, high school trip senior year (spring, '87). Am I embracing the cultural experience? Am I trying to get into bars/clubs to enjoy a nice, cold cerveza? Nah, I'm hitting newsstands in Mexico City loking for comic books.

What a dork.

ASM277.jpg

Ah, high school trip senior year (spring, '87). Am I embracing the cultural experience? Am I trying to get into bars/clubs to enjoy a nice, cold cerveza? Nah, I'm hitting newsstands in Mexico City loking for comic books.

What a dork.

ASM277.jpg

I like it!

I've picked up comics as souvenirs in foreign countries too. Funny that the Molten Man (that's him, isn't it?) is made of oro in Spanish. Was the metal ever established in English?

*google* No

"experimental new liquid metallic alloy for the Spider-Slayers from a radioactive meteor"

Two 277s, two grimaces, zero bragging rights.

Adventure277.jpg

xmen277.jpg

Jack

well, no one said anything about yesterdays's Action. Steecity comented that he liked Action 266 because of the scene on the cover. This one is similiar, and has a different color palette.

act277cgc.jpg

The #266 is a majestically graceful cover. The #277 is of the whimsical tongue-in-cheek type. Both well illustrate the variety of Action covers!

one of my favorite silver age Action covers and the 5th appearance of the Legion:

act276cgc.jpg

I'll comment! Fantastic copy! But to be honest, not a personal favorite of mine. To me the Superman Emergency Squad was just too much of a good thing. Great picture of Supergirl though. :cloud9:

act277cgc.jpg

I've always loved the city in the background.