• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cerebus #1 Counterfeit CGC 8.0 White Pages *REDUCED*

21 posts in this topic

Ok, I can't stand it anymore . . . I have to ask the obvious question: How do we know it's not a counterfeit-Counterfeit??? :insane:

:lol: it's an actual real 100% genuine.. er, counterfeit.

Divad, where did you get your new avatar icon? I like the style. (and I can't say I'm sad to see Frank Z go.. He kept lookin at me funny. Now if only PhiGam would change his Bobby Fisher..)

(tsk)

I'll NEVER change my Fischer icon!! Fischer was GOD (at least on the lovely 64 squares). Just bc he went crazy doesn't...well...nevermind.

i will visit his grave someday...i always wanted to go to iceland, anyway (:

btw...post a nice pic of your 9.4 cerebus slab you got from me :whistle: i'd like to see it again, my collection misses it and the AS #1 :)

I play chess, too (online @ redhotpawn.com). FIsher was a genius on the chessboard.. but a complete nut-job everywhere else. I appreciate him as the legend he was, but there's just something about that shot of him in your profile photo.. sitting on a slant, head tilted.. just screams 'cocky'. ;)

(On a side note.. I play chess sometimes outdoors at Stuyvesant Town in NYC.. Grandmaster Lombardy pops by occasionally. He was 2nd to Fisher in the World Chess Championship match against Boris Spassky in 1972. He never plays a game himself.. just comments on everyone elses'.)

Here's the 9.4. Won't be getting rid of this any time soon.. unless I can manage to find a 9.6. :)

Cerebus1COUNTERFEITACGCfront.jpg

beautiful 9.4 :applause:

william lombardy, eh? nice...i played in tournaments my whole life, up until about 3 years ago....could never get over the 2200-mark....was stuck with a weak expert rating from age 17-23, before I gave up on the tournament scene...

i still play online at ICC and caissa.com....great sites

and yes....fischer was totally nuts at the end of his life....even in '92 in the Spassky re-match he was going a little crazy, but his chess was still so strong...