• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need quick ebay advice!!!

7 posts in this topic

I recently listed a book that is ending tonight, in 4 hours.

Over the weekend allcomixs' account was hacked and they left negative feedback to every buyer from them for a chunk of transactions. Two of these were mine. Do you think these two negatives will hurt the price I will get for my book. If so, should I end the auction and relist (if thats possible).

Any thoughts?

Well, your responses to the negatives seem a reasonable explanation to the uninformed. Not familiar with the going price for the book you have listed, but I would say go ahead and finish out the auction. This is just one person's opinion. Good luck!

Here is all comics email:

HI FOLKS

THIS EMAIL IS BEING SENT OUT TO ALL OF OUR CURRENT AND PAST CLIENTILE TO LET THEM BE AWARE OF A PROBLEM THAT HAS ARISEN BECAUSE OF A BAD PERSON WHO HAS TAPED INTO OUR EBAY ACCOUNT AND LEFT NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR OVER 300 OF OUR CURRENT AND PAST EBAY BUYERS. EBAY’S SO CALLED SECURITY TASK FORCE IS INVESTIGATING THE SITUATION TO FIND OUT HOW THIS HAPPENED, AND HAS ALSO TOLD US THAT, IN THE MEANTIME, WE CAN START TO REVERSE THE NEGATIVES THAT WERE GIVING TO ALL OF YOU UNFAIRLY BY SOMEONE BESIDES US. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT WE HAVE TO REVERSE EACH SINGLE FEEDBACK 1 AT A TIME. SO MUCH FOR EBAY HAVING UP TO DATE TECHNOLOGY TO REVERSE THEM ALL AT ONCE. I GUESS THE $1,500.00 WE GIVE EBAY EACH MONTH IN FEES OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT GO TOWARD THEIR SECURITY PROGRAMMERS BUDGET. OH WELL, FOR NOW, PLEASE ACCEPT OUR MOST SINCERE APOLOGIES, AND WE SHOULD HAVE MOST OF THE FEEDBACK REMOVED AS SOON AS TIME PERMITS. ALSO, IN THE MEANTIME, IF YOU FEEL THE NEED, PLEASE PUT OUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE RESPOND TO FEEDBACK COMMENT LINE SO ANY OF THE CURRENT BUYERS OR SELLERS YOU ARE DEALING WITH MAY CONTACT US TO VERIFY THAT THE FEEDBACK WAS DONE FROM A FRAUDULENT SOURCE AND NOT BY ALLCOMIXS. WE HAVE NEVER LEFT A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, AS WE HAVE BEEN FORTUNATE IN THAT ALL OF OUR DEALINGS HAVE COME TO A PLEASANT CONCLUSION. AND PLEASE, DO NOT FEEL WE ARE GOING ANYWHERE OR OUT OF BUSINESS, AS WE ARE JUST ABOUT TO START OUR CGC SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE ( ANY UPCOMING ISSUE CGC’D 9.8 FOR ONLY 29.95 WITH SHIPPING INCLUDED ), AND WILL START TO HAVE MANY MORE CURRENT TITLES IN STOCK AS THIS SERVICE PROGRESSES. BELOW IS OUR HOME PHONE NUMBER, BOTH CELL PHONE NUMBERS, AND OUR HOME ADDRESS SO AS TO GIVE YOU A FEW WAYS TO CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS.

AGAIN WITH SINCERE APOLOGIES AND REGRETS,

CHRIS & TERESA,

ALLCOMIXS.

And if you search a lot of their feedbacks, they say the same thing...I wish I could post more in the response.