• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New official CGC Grade: Butt-Copy .1

46 posts in this topic

So now here's a question:

Does anyone think it would be worth buying this for whatever it ends at and then having Matt or another restoration guru put it back to what it should be?

I have no plans to do so...just curious.

Nah, as I recall him once saying... "I'm a doctor Jim, I can't raise the dead."

That book is not a resto candidate, I shouldn't think. You could never get anything that beat to appear high grade. A better candidate would, for example, be a book that looks NM but has a one inch square missing piece on the back cover. Just graft on the missing piece and you have a book that looks NM.

Or, even better, a wider-than-mormal book that has marvel chipping and is otherwise NM. Trim the edge and you've got an apparent NM.... etc etc etc

The common denominator is to start with a book that has great eye appeal except for one or two isolated flaws.

Dan

dan,

if you don't recall, danny boy use to run fantazia collectibles and had ads in CBG claiming to do restoration work. i'm sure he can add pieces, repair tear seals, regloss, clean and press, trim, colour touch, and all that other mumbo jumbo. gossip.gifthumbsup2.gif

pimpy

LMAO! I'm at work and almost laughed outloud at a customer when I looked at the pic! 27_laughing.gif

It's not a bad looking book, It just needs a little Danny-boy love to make it bloom again.

Personally, I like the description because he tries really hard to make lemonade out of poop. He paints a rosy, cheerful picture instead of over emphasizing the negatives. He is obviously a cup half full kind of guy. My favorite part his where he talks about how fun it is to read the FF fan page - which is still legible I guess! The book looks more wrinkly than Aunt May's behind ( I would guess)!

This looks a lot like my first copy of FF 3, purchased at a local convention when I was in middle school. I ended up selling/trading it later and the dealer made some kind of "toilet bowl" comment about it, but I was pretty fascinated by the old-ness of the book at the time...