• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xmen #31(1967) CGC 9.6 Highest Grade X-men NR

7 posts in this topic

Here.

"The only CGC note is that it has been trimmed on the bottom edge and they do not even give it a Slight Moderate or Extensive classification ( I believe they don't because this really isn't restoration 27_laughing.gif). Where else will you find a 9.6 that has not had any work except been trimmed. I believe this is a perfect unread copy that was probably cut wrong by the manufacturer not by someone trying to improve its appearance." 893naughty-thumb.gif ."

sign-funnypost.gif

Very authoritative and persuasive seller - "trimming is not restoration because nothing has been added". Maybe not, but trimming IMO is worse than slight restoration as the comic has been mutilated in some way. Gotta love his auction estimate - 5X NM unrestored guide. Rotsa Ruck! wink.gif

I knew who it was before even clicking the link. "collectorspal" is a riot. That's basically a regular routine for him. He always lists restored books with outrageous descriptions and estimates. He was selling a Flash 105 last month and had an estimate of $15,000 on it. It ended up selling for 1/10th that. It's was the unofficial "book of the week" on my blog. I thought his estimate was so funny I tracked the price every day or two... Here's my first post about that book.

Hey Rob....all this time on the boards and this is my first venture to Drunkenfist.com...I give your site thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif...

It's a daily read for me. Very entertaining and sometimes even informative. thumbsup2.gif

Yep, amongst the endless bilge he mentions current NM guide values, upcoming unrelated film releases that will undoubtedly boost the comic market as a whole, and the fact that said book is a gold plated investment. Three things I never get tired of seeing in an auction. 893naughty-thumb.gif