• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unfamiliar Superman book

6 posts in this topic

Hope someone can help - I imported a bunch of Charltons recently and found this unfamiliar Superman book within them. I can't find any direct reference to it anywhere (though I imagine it's from the 1966 record set?) - anyone got any ideas?

Entitled... Superman: "The Origin of Superman" - "The True History of Clark Kent" - "...from Superbaby, to Superboy, to Superman"

20 pages - no indicia but says "copyright National Periodical Publicatiions 1966"

Seems to have very high quality white paper inside but the moderate cover & spine wear suggests it's as old as it pertains to be - though pretty nice all the same.

There are no ads and a quiz on the inside covers.

Can anyone confirm what it is? Ian?

327194-(Group).jpg.001864d7d6c2a091798887975fbc5df2.jpg

It sounds like the book that came with the record

Superman Record Comic

1966 Golden Records,..reads "Origin of Superman" came with record, iron on patch,decoder,membership card and button.

stories reprinted from Superman 125,146.

NM value of comic alone $110.00.

It's the 1966 "Origin Of Superman" comic which came with a record as well. Funnily enough, I just obtained a copy. If you go back and look at my wants list, you'll see it was there in amongst the promos and giveaways. There was also a Batman and Robin one to go along with it, with an orange cover.

Thanks guys - thought it was this one

worth $110 in NM: well even if this one is only in fine condition I should make a little bit of profit for once - since I only bought the entire set for $10

thanks

Ewan