• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is the 35-cent Variant Tit?

62 posts in this topic

Joe, what does any of this have to do with a variant breast?

Nothing, but as usual, the Forum Twerps are out in full force.

I was actually referring to the title of this thread. But then, I guess you knew that.

I was even planning on selling some comics for a relative who's quite ill, and these bozos proceeded to ruin the thread, harass and insult me, along with taking a few jabs at the poor old guy.

I'm very sorry to hear that your relative is ill, Joe. I wish you strength for the future. He or she has my prayers.

-- Joanna

I'm very sorry to hear that your relative is ill, Joe. I wish you strength for the future. He or she has my prayers.

Thanks Joanna, it's most appreciated. I can't do much for the illness, but I had hoped to sell some books and give him something special when we go up for Xmas...

What do they say about the best laid plans of.... ?

Thanks Joanna, it's most appreciated. I can't do much for the illness, but I had hoped to sell some books and give him something special when we go up for Xmas...

Maybe you should try again. Now that people know what it's for, they might be less antagonistic. Or you could go straight to ebay. Just don't give up, because the end result is worth it. Keep that in mind, not petty forum squabbles.

-- Joanna

Maybe you should try again. Now that people know what it's for, they might be less antagonistic. Or you could go straight to ebay. Just don't give up, because the end result is worth it. Keep that in mind, not petty forum squabbles.

-- Joanna

There's the Forum Den Mother we all know and love... tossing out "Mom's Dirty Look"s right and left to quell the squabbling... thumbsup2.gif

Who is willing to pay these over the moon prices? 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

The same Star Wars fans who blow $2K on a Jedi working prototype lightsaber

You serious Clark? A real working lightsaber...

Before Ep 2 came out, prototypes with "working" beam projectors were posted on ebay by some company that said they did the props fr the movie. Premums in excess of $2K were paid for yoda/Dooku/anakin prototype lightsabers... I know the dooku and yoda sabers were of particular interest to me because they were not the cylindrical shaped ones we were used to seeing; dooku's was angled to match is fighting style and yoda's was shorter obviously...

You do realize that just the act of hijacking the Marketplace thread and insulting me ranks quite low on the human decency scale. I don't expect much from these bozos, but this hits a new low.

Well, JC, I did not have the opportunity to see the Marketplace Thread before it got yanked.

But, even though you and I go at it like a mongoose vs a cobra, I really feel that you should repost in the Marketplace and not let some folks trash what you are selling.

Just do it - repost it. I will join Joanna as Den Father to her Den Mother and thwack the dillweeds who try to stop your sales.

PS - this does not mean I have had an epiphany and agree with you on anything I have disagreed with you on in the past - but The Marketplace should have a level of respect and if things got so bad that the thread was pulled to the extent I cannot even post this reply there? I say screw the dillweeds and repost.

The threads weren't pulled (" 35 Center Sale - Pre-EBay Viewing Phase 1" and " 35 Center Sale - Pre-EBay Viewing Phase 2"), there would be no reason for the mods to pull them, and if you read my synopses above, that was the extent of it. (Actually, it looks like Joe said something to gp about the Nazi concentration camps that offended him and may have been something the mods would have pulled the thread for, but Joe deleted that post so we'll never know.)

There was no introductory discussion by joe as to why he was selling the books, just the title "Pre-ebay 35-centers" with scans. The whole "sick relative" thing didn't come up until much later, after Joe was talking about slabbing some books to build his Byrne CGC hoard, etc.,. No one was trashing the books, and the one person that said anything offensive (gpcove) apologized for the offensive comment.

This is not a case of "Joe started a charity auction for his sick relative and people started picking on poor Joe and his family" it's been painted to be...a forum myth in the making.

...may have been something the mods would have pulled the thread for, but Joe deleted that post so we'll never know.)

The mods pulled the post - I guess it tripped a flag. As it happens, I think Joe would have edited it out himself if he had gotten the chance, but the whole thing happened so quick he wasn't given the chance. I would like to remove my last post, that was in response to his deleted post, in order to try and defuse the situation, but it's locked tight.

My first comment that started things was a joke following on from the X Men 94 in 9.6 thread and unfortunately the whole thing snowballed from there. I hit a nerve, which wasn't my intention, although I was later happy to let fly when pushed. 'Happy to be on your hit-list' purely meant that I couldn't care less. I don't expect to wake up with a horses head in my bed and if the worst I can expect is to be compared to a fruit fly with weak arms I'm really not bothered.

I think it would be a shame if he got a strike for his heat-of-the-moment post, but he did hit an emotive subject. If it matters to the mods, I wasn't offended by it in the least, although if it had stayed it would have undoubtedly upset somebody. I took it in the same way as the fruit fly jibe, which was the same kind of way I meant my GS X-men jibe. If I did think he'd meant it on a literal level (which I don't for one moment) then I would be upset. He just made an unfortunate comment, same as me.

Hmmm...so you could see it after all, even though you say above "Well, JC, I did not have the opportunity to see the Marketplace Thread before it got yanked."? confused-smiley-013.gif

That's weird...try again:

Hmmm...so you could see it after all, even though you say above "Well, JC, I did not have the opportunity to see the Marketplace Thread before it got yanked."? confused-smiley-013.gif

I've read a lot of threads on these boards - many, many before I decided to join. Outside of the watercooler (which I tend not to visit too often) this is the most intense and strange thread I've ever seen here. And I'm including the one where Hammer went ballistic and got banned. At least that was funny.

A word of advice...................................chill.

That's weird...try again:

It appears some posts were pulled. They were referenced but not in sight. And I already corrected myself and changed it to LOCKED. But any offensive posts were YANKED. OK? mad.gif