• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are Serenity Signatures Difficult To Get?

7 posts in this topic

I have been trying to get hold of some Serenity comics (Dark Horse) which are CGC Signature Series with signatures from the actors who played the characters in the book. These have been incredibly difficult to find and was wondering just how difficult it is to get a signature from an actor. I live in Australia so getting them signed myself isn't really an option and so I need to rely on people in the US to get them done and then sell them to me. Below is a list of people I would like signatures from and it is prefered if they signed a book in which they appear on the cover;

Nathan Fillion (Desperate Housewives)

Gina Torres (Matrix Revolutions)

Alan Tudyk (Dodgeball)

Morena Baccarin (Stargate SG-1)

Adam Baldwin

Jewel Staite (Stargate Atlantis)

Sean Maher

Summer Glau (Sarah Conner Chronicals)

Ron Glass

Joss Whedon (Dollhouse)

Additional signitures from those involved in the comic book would be a bonus but not required.

If there is anyone in the US who can help me out with this pursuit I would be forever greatful.

I can tell you that they usually have the LOOOOONGEST lines at shows PERIOD!!!

I have stopped taking requests for Serenity and BSG due to having to wait 2-3 hours in line for people who have requested SS books.

FX usually has at least 2 -3 guests from Serenity, due to FX being a slower comic show (guest wise) if you see ones that you are interested in getting autographs from shoot me a PM. FX will probably list thier guests in the next few weeks.

Approximately once a year, Creation Entertainment (www.creationent.com) has a convention dedicated to Serenity fans where they get approximately half the cast to appear for pictures and autographs. Unfortunately, their most recent convention was last month in the Los Angeles area. (Glau, Torres, Staite, Glass, and Baldwin were there, I believe) They charged about $20 to $30 per autograph, but you could get their autograph.

In addition, several of the cast members do make appearances at comic book and science fiction conventions, but they are usually brought by companies that make money off charging for the autograph. At these shows, anyone can expect to pay $20 to $40 per autograph, and as noted in the other posts, wait hours in line to get the autograph.

The most active attendees tend to be the ones currently working on other shows, such as Summer Glau (Terminator Chronicles), Jewel Staite (Stargate Atlantis) and Adam Baldwin (Chuck) Joss Whedon makes the occasional appearance at a comic book show like the San Diego Comic Con but his lines are typically VERY long and highly limited.

Because of all this, you will probably find very few Serenity CGC SS comics from the cast or Joss. I considered getting my Serenity Better Days #1 RRP signed by at least 3 of the cast members at that Creation convention last month, but did not want to dedicate an entire day, $75 for autographs, plus gas, CGC fees, etc.

If you are interested in getting some of your own comics signed and CGC'ed, I would recommend paying attention to conventions like the FX show, Creation Entertainment's website (www.creationent.com) and big comic book related shows like Comic Con International in San Diego to see if the cast will be appearing, and then work something out with a witness on these boards. Good luck!

Joel

FX usually has at least 2 -3 guests from Serenity, due to FX being a slower comic show (guest wise) if you see ones that you are interested in getting autographs from shoot me a PM. FX will probably list thier guests in the next few weeks.

Are you able to give me an idea of how much it would cost to get a comic book signed by one of these people and for it to come back in at least 9.8 grade?

Nathan Fillion signed this year at FX and was at Wondercon in 2007

Gina Torres Does not make convention appearances

Alan Tudyk signed at a convention in dallas in 2007

Morena Baccarin makes one or 2 appearances a year

Adam Baldwin makes convention appearances

Jewel Staite Was signing in dallas in october. She was very nice and signed for everybody

Sean Maher Does not make convention appearances

Summer Glau is usually at San Deigo Comic-con

Ron Glass Makes convention appearances

Joss Whedon is usually at San Deigo Comic-con (autographs are extremely hard to get because of the limited nature of his signings.)

Hope this helps