• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raising $$ for a New Year Grail Purchase - THREAD CLOSED

30 posts in this topic

Keep 'em both and instead rob a bank! (thumbs u

There's a thread in the Watercooler that will show you how :gossip:

On second thought, I think that #1 is pretty sweet considering how different that sketch is with the swords and all so that one might be a keeper, espically if you don't have any plans on owning a 1st print

thanks for all the feedback so far.

As you can see, it's still not an easy decision for me to make. I've got about 20 or so slabs that I am planning on selling in order to go for the grail. The grail I am speaking of is a Golden Age Cap issue :)

I have read all the comments, but surprisingly it's still not an easier decision for me to make.

I like what I've done with the TMNT #1 to make it unique, but the Raphael is extra special for me since it is both my "name" and "birthday" book. Both TMNT's were actually purchased from fellow board members.

I never had plans to go for a 1st print, since I picked up a copy of the book at all.

I know that certainly, either of my books are not one of a kind, as there are 1st print TMNT #1 SS books and the two other 9.8 SS Raphaels, so that's not much of an issue.

ARRGGHHH

I appreciate all the feedback thus far, and I hope I can still see some compelling arguments for one over the other.

Although, with 1/2 of my girlfriends Christmas present to me, I think she may have made my decision slightly easier -

IMGP1123.jpg

IMGP1124.jpg

I doubt that a Raph #1 9.8 sketched would be easy to get

I agree with that...I have one of 3 on census that won't be going anywhere anytime soon, so if you were planning on getting it again you may end up having to buy back your same book...

Thanks for all the input everyone. Please consider this thread closed

So which one are you gonna sell? (shrug)