• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here is something to check out

37 posts in this topic

Sellers need to get the grade into the heading for the book so that you don't need to click on the book to find the assigned grade.

Also listing the "Buy Out" cost and not just that there is a buy out would aid communication with a potential buyer.

Hoss's is the "out of a box" variety. Rich had the same thing, and I did

look at it a few years back. LOT's of work involved. You gotta love tinkering

with that stuff to make it viable.

Nice and clean. But, I feel like I've seen this before. hm

That's because it looks a lot like BidonComics (Rich's site) - is Comicbids a rebranding strategy, or did someone squat Rich's old auction domain name?

I believe Mike owned bidoncomics (purchased from Rich; I've talked to him on a few occassions);it appears he recently shut the site down as it now redirects to Mike's personal site.

That's because it looks a lot like BidonComics (Rich's site) - is Comicbids a rebranding strategy, or did someone squat Rich's old auction domain name?

I believe Mike owns bidoncomics now, and he recently shut the interface down (it now redirects to Mike's site) :(

That's a shame. Rich put a lot of work into that site. I'm still a bit confused though, as it shows a "Richard H" (in Vegas) on public record as the domain admin for Comicbids.com - is this not the same Rich that ran BidonComics, or is this another person altogether?

Achieving critical mass is very difficult.

Norinn it may be difficult BUT NOT impossible, given the way ebay has jacked up prices in the collectibles I see this site gaining speed.

Many people have tried to sell here and not many with success so what other place do they have to turn to..

Not impossible, but it's been interesting to see several eCommerce attempts go by the wayside even though Hertiage and eBay has lost their luster...yet ComicLink, Pedigree and other sites "keep on keeping on" with their clientele. Software is just one very small piece of the puzzle (just look at ComicLink's first gen web layout). Even with the marketing effort of Comic Collectors Live have failed to produce signifcant mindshare despite outstanding technology (outside of Modern collectors which trends to their computer savy/age). I'm convinced that the majority of comic collectors aren't necessarily computer savy (rely on networking contacts as opposed to Internet searches) and the ones that are have their favorites and don't want to move or have sufficient business relationships established to make it hard to justify to move. It's the reason why I've nixed any ideas about doing anything remotely similar.

I believe Mike owns bidoncomics now, and he recently shut the interface down (it now redirects to Mike's site) :(

That's a shame. Rich put a lot of work into that site. I'm still a bit confused though, as it shows a "Richard H" (in Vegas) on public record as the domain admin for Comicbids.com - is this not the same Rich that ran BidonComics, or is this another person altogether?

Hi everyone,

It is another person altogether! It's also a different domain name. The "s" is switched around! I hadn't heard of the other site before today.

Anyway I'm glad that you guys have already heard about the site and I hope that you guys keep it in mind for future purchases or sales! I added a CGC books only section for those that like to shop only CGC books. There are already a few listed!

Have a great new year everyone!

Hoss

--

It's owned by Richard Halegua

http://www.comic-art.com/index.htm

Oh yeah... :acclaim:

It's owned by Richard Halegua

http://www.comic-art.com/index.htm

Oh yeah... :acclaim:

Link isn't working :sumo:

Good luck with the site, Hoss. I haven't been to the Corral lately but trust that all is well. You may want to contact BigMike here on the boards who owned the bidoncomics.com site as I know that there was some work to provide bulk listing capabilities (if I'm not mistaken) that you may be able to use for your site if you two can work something out. I suggest this because it appears that you are using the same back-end software package that could perhaps allow you to leverage some of it (albeit not the customization). I'm not sure if he would be willing, but he shouldn't consider you an irritant for asking :wishluck:

Good luck with the site, Hoss. I haven't been to the Corral lately but trust that all is well. You may want to contact BigMike here on the boards who owned the bidoncomics.com site as I know that there was some work to provide bulk listing capabilities (if I'm not mistaken) that you may be able to use for your site if you two can work something out. I suggest this because it appears that you are using the same back-end software package that could perhaps allow you to leverage some of it (albeit not the customization). I'm not sure if he would be willing, but he shouldn't consider you an irritant for asking :wishluck:

hm

Sounds like a good idea :baiting: