• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Tick #'s 1, 2 and 4

6 posts in this topic

The Tick #1

Tick_1_front.jpg

Tick_1_rear.jpg

The streaks along the back cover are non-colour breaking waves, and the lighting also makes those dings along the spine and the bottom corner appear like they are colour-breaking (but they aren't).

The Tick #2

Tick_2_front.jpg

Tick_2_rear.jpg

The Tick #4

Tick_4_front.jpg

Tick_4_rear.jpg

Hi everyone. I just wanted to check my grading abilities. Where was there a 9.8 in these three books?

I just got back two copies of Tick Special #1, one a 9.8, one a 9.6, and both were extremely straight with no corner bends. I expected a 9.4 and 9.6, so maybe I am undergrading my books. I didn't see the same characteristics here, but I am always open to learning more.

Thanks folks

nice pull!! why did you expect a 9.4 or 9.6? im about to send some Ticks in but not thinking 9.8. i do have the infamous Uncut #2 going in also.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to check my grading abilities. Where was there a 9.8 in these three books?

I just got back two copies of Tick Special #1, one a 9.8, one a 9.6, and both were extremely straight with no corner bends. I expected a 9.4 and 9.6, so maybe I am undergrading my books. I didn't see the same characteristics here, but I am always open to learning more.

Thanks folks

I never count on a book being a 9.8 just because there are so many factors which could impact a grade. Especially something inside the book like a manufacturer mistake on a page making it looked slightly wrinkled, or the tiniest of corner touch during distributor shipping.

Turns out what I thought was a 9.6 was sharper than expected, and the 9.4 was the next notch up because I graded too tight on a corner that appeared to have some miniscule bump that I made a bigger deal out of it than it was.

So, I like surprises when a book comes back a 9.8 and I thought one grade less just to avoid any heartache.