• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

URGENT, HELP NEEDED: Question Regarding CGC Holders !

25 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

I'm posting this message firstly to say thanks to those of you who took this issue as the serious matter it was, and took the time to post honest opinions. I noted that between the 2 threads on this situation, someone complained the scan isn't big enough, but that nobody took me up on my offer to have the scan e-mailed to them. The scan Ronald (the book's new owner) posted is indeed the one I sent him before he paid for the book, but in actuality it is somewhat bigger than how it shows on these boards, which likely have a size limit.

Secondly, I'm posting this message as an update as to what's going on on my end. Sometime yesterday, Ronald e-mailed me and specifically said that his main concern is in wanting to know that the book inside the holder is the one which got the grade, and that he has no problem keeping the book if CGC reassures him about this. He's on the west coast and will likely phone them later today. I'm on the east coast and have already phoned them. My only reason for phoning was to mention that I sold a book in a beautiful holder, but that the new owner suspects may not be the actual book that was given the stated grade and I wanted them to simply confirm what I had been told directly to my face by Steve Borock years ago and subsequently by other CGC employees: which is that the CGC holders are designed so that it would be CLEARLY evident, even by looking at a scan as long as the scan is clear, if someone opened it to the point of being able to swap out the book and then resealed it.

I spoke with a lovely girl by the name of "Allie Jay", who did in fact confirm that what Steve Borock and subsequent CGC employees told me on several occassions was correct. She told me to suggest to Ronald the same thing I suggested to him privately yesterday, that if he's still that concerned then he should invest the money himself to send the book in and get the holder replaced.

This was an open and shut case to me from the beginning, and I am still literally stunned that I would have to be put through all this trouble over selling someone a great looking book and case, so hopefully Ronald will be satisfied with whatever information he hopes to glean from CGC during his phone call to them later today, and hopefully this matter will be put to bed.

Thanks again to those of you who posted mature responses.

Cheers,

Ruben

This was an open and shut case to me from the beginning,

I thought the problem was that the case had possibly been open and shut. :baiting:

Snark aside, hope you two work it out. If not, I'll buy the book at the price he paid!

My only reason for phoning was to mention that I sold a book in a beautiful holder, but that the new owner suspects may not be the actual book that was given the stated grade and I wanted them to simply confirm what I had been told directly to my face by Steve Borock years ago and subsequently by other CGC employees: which is that the CGC holders are designed so that it would be CLEARLY evident, even by looking at a scan as long as the scan is clear, if someone opened it to the point of being able to swap out the book and then resealed it.

Clearly evident in a scan? Is this part of the CGC Guaranty? :makepoint: