• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Antique Store Finds

25 posts in this topic

Where do you live? There's a great antique mall in Westminster, MD that has a booth dedicated to nothing but comics from platinum-bronze age.

Really?

Where exactly?

To what extent does the booth have Platinum and Golden Age books?

http://www.westminsterantiquemall.com/

It's in the first warehouse you enter from the main building, in a booth on the right hand side of the left most isle. If that makes any sense.

Last time I was there, they had a Buster Brown comic from the 1920's, as well as some Little Big Books, and many GA Archie and DC titles. I don't recall seeing any Timely, btu I do remember seeing some pre-code horror. All of them are pretty reasonable, but I think whomever grades them is too gracious with the grading.

I've got dozens of Platinum books I've found at antique malls and bookstores, including the extremely rare Alfonse and Gaston and their Friend Leon which cost me $35 at a bookstore.

On comics, I see GA every once in a while, usually overpriced. Did score a VF- All American 102 in an antique store in the middle of nowhere once, though. And I bought a large box of GA romance comics from a bookstore in Maine for $2 a book back in the 90s (avg grade FN or better with white pages--Mr. Bedrock ended up with a bunch of them.)

I've found plenty of Gold Key and Whitman to fill out my Tom and Jerry collection.

Best buy was about 40 ea '48 thru late 50's Disney stuff that was in nice shape.

Nothing earth shaking, but for $50 was a very good buy.