• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Touchy subject - fraudulent CGC books being sold?!

123 posts in this topic

I agree with you, buying just what you like is not the answer, unless you're buying readers for fun, or the odd nostalgic book. I bought comics that I liked off the rack in droves in the 70s (like Battlestar Galactica, Shogun Warriors, Micronauts) and ended up with comics worth very little. By the 80s I learned that there were enough comics that I liked that were ALSO good investments off the rack and bought those instead (like Wolverine #1, Sandman #1, Macfarlane AMS etc.). Those 80s books are already worth more than the 70s books I bought.

No, that just means you have absolutely no taste. :roflmao:

If your favorite comic book is Devil Dinosaur, then you would be well advised to never, ever, ever "buy what you like".

I agree with you, buying just what you like is not the answer, unless you're buying readers for fun, or the odd nostalgic book. I bought comics that I liked off the rack in droves in the 70s (like Battlestar Galactica, Shogun Warriors, Micronauts) and ended up with comics worth very little. By the 80s I learned that there were enough comics that I liked that were ALSO good investments off the rack and bought those instead (like Wolverine #1, Sandman #1, Macfarlane AMS etc.). Those 80s books are already worth more than the 70s books I bought.

If your favorite comic book is Devil Dinosaur, then you would be well advised to never, ever, ever "buy what you like".

Et tu, JC? Moonboy hater.

Et tu, JC? Moonboy hater.

Moonboy ....... :roflmao: