• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I can't believe this price !

23 posts in this topic

Shows what can happen if you limit your potential bidders with no PAYPAL or foreign bidders. Also, a crappy time to end the auction.

P.S. The winner is such a hoarder of this book! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not the horrid gobbling blob again! I would say he got an excellent deal. Probably the kind of guy that puts his money where his month is and speaks from experience instead of random articles he has read in the big city newspapers. But I digress. I think the ending time really held the price down and I bet hgb was as surprised at the price as anyone. Someone please phone Jamie/FF and give him the date 12/3/03 6:00 pm as they appear to have started the party early.

No - it is actually a pretty good new story and it is like 40 pages with pretty good art by M. severin. Hulk fights Black Bolt and the inhumans. Would have been better had Steranko done the entire book. I think the story goes that Marvel did not like Steranko's hulk face so they had Severin re-do the face on his awesome Hulk art! I think you can find some other Marvel books that came out around the same time with the original art with the entire Steranko pic.

I still think it's the No Paypal/No International Bidders that came back to haunt him. If he doesn't want to, that's his right, but you're cutting off a sizable chunk of bidders with that, so don't expect full market rate.

I still think it's the No Paypal/No International Bidders that came back to haunt him. If he doesn't want to, that's his right, but you're cutting off a sizable chunk of bidders with that, so don't expect full market rate.

I would have paid by money order to have grabbed it at that price...but then again, it's risky with the no paypal thing....

I just got the payment notice from the seller and it worries me a bit. Very strict directions - I don't take any sort of checks,cc or paypal. Must pay be money order only - but the thing that worries me is that it is to a PO box. Now I deal with lots of folks with boxes but the couple times I was ripped off on ebay it was this same kind of set up. Plus he is in the Seattle area and I remember some folks talking about several rip off artists in that area. i have asked for a physical address and phone number so we shall see. His feedback looks great though and he has some great stuff - I plan on paying so will report back when it goes down.