• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FORUM DINNER FOR PHOENIX COMIC-CON

85 posts in this topic

as of right now...count me out as I will be coming in late Friday night

I'm willing to do dinners for both nights so people can still get a forum dinner party. I'm still waiting for the Phoenix ComicCon attendees to come out of the woodworks.

right on. (thumbs u

I'm willing to do dinners for both nights so people can still get a forum dinner party. I'm still waiting for the Phoenix ComicCon attendees to come out of the woodworks.

I can't decide if I want to go. Haven't been since it was in Glendale, and that sucked. I checked the website, and I don't think I want to go to see McFarlane and Steve Rude. There's no good local dealers, so I'll be browsing Atomic's selection, at retail prices. No discount. Someone talk me into going, because I'd like to, if I felt it was worth a Saturday and $25.

I can't decide if I want to go. Haven't been since it was in Glendale, and that sucked. I checked the website, and I don't think I want to go to see McFarlane and Steve Rude. There's no good local dealers, so I'll be browsing Atomic's selection, at retail prices. No discount. Someone talk me into going, because I'd like to, if I felt it was worth a Saturday and $25.

What, and skip out on meeting other people?!

Actually, I go so I don't have to look through the local dealers' selection... :) Harley Yee will be there as always, and there's usually at least 3 other dealers from outside of Phoenix that come (I can't remember their names but I'll note them this time.) I know one comes from the Sacramento or Fresno area for sure.

Plus you can submit your books directly to CGC there. They've got a booth.

I just saw this thread. I went to last years con and it was pretty good for a local show. There was a strong Manga presents at the show. Dealers room was and will be kinda small for the next couple of years due to a contract to have the con there. Once it is able to get out of the Mesa community center it will get better. As for the Forum dinner I can't make it on Friday due to work and family. I will be attending on Saturday though. I don't know what's to eat around the area as I don't go to Mesa unless I have to and I live in North Phoenix.

I just saw this thread. I went to last years con and it was pretty good for a local show. There was a strong Manga presents at the show. Dealers room was and will be kinda small for the next couple of years due to a contract to have the con there. Once it is able to get out of the Mesa community center it will get better. As for the Forum dinner I can't make it on Friday due to work and family. I will be attending on Saturday though. I don't know what's to eat around the area as I don't go to Mesa unless I have to and I live in North Phoenix.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the strength of the manga presence either, but that's also a side result why I go... to keep the comic dealers talking about there being a consistent customer base to sell to at these cons. I'm really happy to learn of your info about their contract expiring relatively soon. I'm sure the West Valley people don't appreciate the location. The "campus" it choose is certainly restricting in size and accessibility as well, so this could explode in growth from Wizard canceling both LA and Texas.

This is my third year in a row attending, and I see positive progress each time. Hopefully that trend will continue.

I'm just going to put faces to screen names :grin:

Looks like 3 of us for sure (BrianR, PhiGam and I), Rob hasn't expressed interest in the dinner so far for Saturday night along with you (and Spiderman-on-tilt)? I think - we have yet to see official confirmation. I don't know who else will show for the Friday dinner with Foolkiller and I yet.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the strength of the manga presence either, but that's also a side result why I go... to keep the comic dealers talking about there being a consistent customer base to sell to at these cons. I'm really happy to learn of your info about their contract expiring relatively soon. I'm sure the West Valley people don't appreciate the location. The "campus" it choose is certainly restricting in size and accessibility as well, so this could explode in growth from Wizard canceling both LA and Texas.

This is my third year in a row attending, and I see positive progress each time. Hopefully that trend will continue.

Looks like 3 of us for sure (BrianR, PhiGam and I), Rob hasn't expressed interest in the dinner so far for Saturday night along with you (and Spiderman-on-tilt)? I think - we have yet to see official confirmation. I don't know who else will show for the Friday dinner with Foolkiller and I yet.

i'll do my best to make it to any and all dinner forums (: just found out i got the whole weekend (thurs-sun) off of work :o that has NEVER happened in the two years i have worked for Apple!!

I'm STOKED!!!

:gossip: i bet I'll win the 'biggest CGC submission at PHX con this year' (:

i'll do my best to make it to any and all dinner forums (: just found out i got the whole weekend (thurs-sun) off of work :o that has NEVER happened in the two years i have worked for Apple!!

I'm STOKED!!!

:gossip: i bet I'll win the 'biggest CGC submission at PHX con this year' (:

Heh. I am doing a pre-screen submission myself plus a handful of other books, methinks. I'll be deciding soon on what will make the cut.

would love to meet up with some of you guys Friday even if it's only on the show floor.

I really wish I could have gone Friday as well. You have some great books, Brian, it would've been nice to meet in person.