• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bagley original art... Estimation ?

26 posts in this topic

I'd guess $175. Bagley's USM art is plentiful and ubiquitous. Even when there were only a limited number of issues out, most pages were priced at only $50-$100 at the San Diego Con back in 2001. Today, you can get tons of pages in the $60 range and 2-page spreads for as little as $300. 1/2 splashes seemed to be priced in the $175 range on Spencer Beck's site (www.theartistschoice.com).

Gene

Thanks for the Wolverine French edition, by the way. I just got it when my friend from Paris brought it over to New York with her last month. thumbsup2.gif

(Yes, BlazingBob, some of us comic collecting wack-jobs actually do have female friends, even good-looking ones from foreign countries. wink.gif)

Gene

Thanks for the Wolverine French edition, by the way. I just got it when my friend from Paris brought it over to New York with her last month. thumbsup2.gif

(Yes, BlazingBob, some of us comic collecting wack-jobs actually do have female friends, even good-looking ones from foreign countries. wink.gif)

Gene

Yes, but usually they're from Belarus or Kazakhstan, and come with a price tag.

You' re welcome Gene. Ring me when you need anything else.

I'd guess $175. Bagley's USM art is plentiful and ubiquitous. Even when there were only a limited number of issues out, most pages were priced at only $50-$100 at the San Diego Con back in 2001. Today, you can get tons of pages in the $60 range and 2-page spreads for as little as $300. 1/2 splashes seemed to be priced in the $175 range on Spencer Beck's site (www.theartistschoice.com).

Gene

Dude, I would price that page closer to $300 - what I would do is send an email to Albert Moy and see what he would pay you for it. Actual value would be minimum 2x his offer. Seriously.

DAM

Dude, no way! Spencer sells double-page spreads for $300...no way a 1/2 splash brings that much...there's just way too much Bagley USM art out there. Not that it's not good stuff, mind you.

Gene

yeah, but it is a pretty good pic of spider man full costume, full body pose... so it makes for nice presentation...

but of course with all these dudes, it sounds like we're in Wayne's World or Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Dude.

but of course with all these dudes, it sounds like we're in Wayne's World or Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Gene: "Dude! What's mine say?"

Brian: "Sweet! What's mine say?"

Brian: "Sweet!!"

- Dude, Where's My Comic Art?

Yeah, i have a couple of his (bagley's) pages from USM and they are around 175-275 for 1/2 splash pages. I actually think 175 is on the low end, and 275 being the max...not really more than that though.

Could you post a pic from your bagley's pages please?

Brian: "Sweet! What's mine say?"

Brian: "Sweet!!"

- Dude, Where's My Comic Art?

yeah man! thumbsup2.gif

David might be right. As that's a pretty early USM page featuring Spidey. Right buyer, you might be able to pull close to $300.

But, Gene is correct in saying that Bagley pages are extremely easy to come by, and the demand isn't too great. $60-150 seems to be the going rate for a page. I think the most I've seen them go for is $600-800 (?) for a double page splash w/ the Goblin.

Chris

He sounds very flippant for a guy who's fiancee supposedly just died...sounds like another fabricated story like the scumbag selling those phoney Beanie Babies claiming his wife left him.

I'm not sure I want to live in a future where this page is selling for multiples of the $9,999.99 BIN price like the seller claims it will be worth...

Gene

Flippant or not, having personally dealt with the guy in the past when it came to selling high grade USMs and the foreign and sketch variants, he has mentioned to me that it was all because his girlfriend and he were planning to get married and he was building a nest egg together. He may put exorbitant prices on his USMs but I was guilty of the same thing when they were hot and fetching those prices. His story about his fiancee dying is VERY possible. I just emailed him my condolences as I'm sure it will be rough for him these next few months, especially during the holidays frown.gif

as for it being worth multiples of $10K in the future, maybe someone with disposable income whose first book was USM 1 will make that possible? Original art market doesn't play by the same rules that the comic collector market does confused-smiley-013.gif