• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunities - WonderCon (San Fran) Feb. 27-28, March 1, 2009

54 posts in this topic

Let's put a call out for Witnesses accepting subs for WonderCon to please identify themselves.

So far I believe it's the following:

Jon Jesperson

Joel Elad

Anyone else?

I will also be attending WonderCon 2009.

Let's put a call out for Witnesses accepting subs for WonderCon to please identify themselves.

So far I believe it's the following:

Jon Jesperson

Joel Elad

Anyone else?

I will also be attending WonderCon 2009.

i'll be there for about 10 minutes just to submit some books. (shrug):sorry:

I will be attending WonderCon and can take submissions. In reference to the Jim Lee comments made earlier, the $20 ticket was for his New York Con signing. At WonderCon, Jim will probably be at the DC booth (if there is one) or his own booth, but of course, the lines will be long and the access will be limited. That said, I am taking Jim Lee submissions, just let me know if you want Scott Williams and/or Alex Sinclair to sign those books as well, and be aware that prices for Jim will be a little higher than everyone else.

PM me for details and to sign up to get books submitted. Please note that my response time between February 5th and 9th will be very limited due to my attendance at the New York Comic Con.

I agree with Kris, the only people getting con sketches are the first people actually there, and I can't spend hours in line in hopes of getting 1 sketch. Jim already knows me as an "evil, capitalistic" dealer so he's wary of doing sketches for me... probably because I've gotten several from him over the years, too. :)

Then again, WonderCon is a much less busy show than New York and on Sunday of the show, if he's in the right mood... ya never know. I think your best chance is to find someone, witness or not, who is willing to sit in line and try for a sketch. I can always come over and witness it from the side or something.

If you find someone and need a witness to tag along, PM me for details.

Joel

FYI, the WonderCon programming schedule is now up on the site, and I noticed a few interesting names that people may want to know about:

Jeph Loeb

Howard Chaykin

Mark Waid

Bruce Timm (Wonder Woman movie; Virginia Madsen attending!)

Zack Snyder (and "members of the [Watchmen] cast")

McG (and cast members of Terminator Salvation)

Plus some notable media celebrities signing at the show for a fee, I presume:

Adam West

Mark Hamill

Carrie Fisher

Ray Park

Claudia Christian

Chase Masterson

Kane Hodder

(everyone's fav) Honky Tonk Man

and many more!

http://www.comic-con.org/wc/wc_autographs.shtml

Now, I have *NO* idea when and where these folks are signing, and how much for the media celebs, but there it is!

Joel

UPDATE on Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher signings:

I spoke with the company sponsoring their appearance at the show:

Carrie Fisher's rate is $35 per signature.

Mark Hamill's rate is as follows: $100 for the 1st signature, $90 for each additional signature.

PM me if you're still interested in getting books signed by either or both stars. :)

Joel

Hey everyone...

I have had quite a few requests for submissions and thought this might be the best place to post this...

I will not be taking any requests for submissions at WonderCon. I am going to be working for CGC over the weekend and have to focus on the books that are brought to the booth.

That said, Joel Elad (see above post) is a gem, and odds are I will be helping him out anyways!

Looking forward to seeing any of you that are at this show!

Jon

UPDATE on Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher signings:

I spoke with the company sponsoring their appearance at the show:

Carrie Fisher's rate is $35 per signature.

Mark Hamill's rate is as follows: $100 for the 1st signature, $90 for each additional signature.

PM me if you're still interested in getting books signed by either or both stars. :)

Joel

Oooops did not see this.....

Yeah, I have a feeling this is Mark Hamill's way of finally agreeing to sign Star Wars stuff again. :) I'm very curious to see how many folks are going to get in line for him at this show. Judging from the interest I'm seeing from folks here, I think I'm going to get in line early Friday just to ensure they get done! :)

My rate for Modern books for these 2 are as follows:

$75 for Carrie Fisher only ($35 deposit)

$135 for Mark Hamill only ($90 deposit)

$170 for both Fisher & Hamill ($125 deposit)

This includes the signature fee, grading fee, witness fee, and submission to CGC. Return shipping is extra depending on the quantity and value of books submitted.

I need these books by Wednesday, February 25th at the latest, and I need at least the deposit (indicated above) to be paid by that time as well. PM me for further details.

Joel Elad

5694 Mission Center Rd, #602-444

San Diego, CA 92108