• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

want to REMOVE those annoying scratches on your CGC case?

19 posts in this topic

I've never used it on a CGC case, but it really works on CD's so it could be worth a shot.

Howzabout tryin' it out and lettin' us know how it works... wink.gif

Sorry, all my slabs are Perfect Minty Fresh Gem Pristine 10.1. What kind a fool do you think I am? I would never buy a scratched slab. 893whatthe.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

I've never used it on a CGC case, but it really works on CD's so it could be worth a shot.

Sorry, all my slabs are Perfect Minty Fresh Gem Pristine 10.1. What kind a fool do you think I am? I would never buy a scratched slab. 893whatthe.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

So all those marks are actually on your books ?!?!?!... 893whatthe.gif

So all those marks are actually on your books ?!?!?!... 893whatthe.gif

893whatthe.gif

Search under 'PLASTIC POLISH' on eBay. There are a number of vendors.

I think Walmart sells some plastic polish too. I'm going to a Walmart after work. I'll see if they still have it.

I found the stuff at Walmart. $1.93 for a 7 oz bottle of Kit Scratch Out. Found it in the automotive section. Click Here

I did a scientific test of scratching up an existing cracked holder to see how it did. In my zeal to make a good test I dragged a fork across the case making some REALLY deep scratches. Oops. blush.gif Anyway here is the before pic:

Before warning 1 meg+ picture

Here is the after pic:

After warning 1meg + picture

The scratches were so deep that it was taking a tremendous amount of 'elbow grease' to smooth them out. I concentrated on the area around the Kingpins vest on the picture to get a good contrast with the dark background. This was the result of about 3 minutes hard rubbing. The scratches were coming out as you can probably see from the pics. Some light scratches that didn't really show on the scans came out completely.