• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Canada wins hockey championship AGAIN (5 straight years and counting......)

28 posts in this topic

Congrats to Team Canada for wining the World Junior Hockey Champtionship yet again for the 5th straight year. I know there are a lot of Canucks on these boards.

Was there ever any doubt? (OK, so they cut it close in the semi-finals, scoring the tying goal against Russia with 5 seconds left in the game)

As someone born in Canada, I was thrilled to see NHL Network carrying all Canadian and USA games in the USA where I am right now.

This team/organization is a DYNASTY that might win 8 or 9 years in a row. They haven't lost a single game for several years now.

And to all Americans who didn't tune in...... you don't know what you're missing.

Team_82456.jpg

The Russians gave the game against the Canadians away when they attempted the empty net goal and iced the puck rather than skate the puck to center and dump it in. Terrible play or the Canadians would have been playing for Bronze. A lot more fun to watch these young men play compared to the over coached pros in the NHL that know how to defend and clutch and grab all night.

The Russians gave the game against the Canadians away when they attempted the empty net goal and iced the puck rather than skate the puck to center and dump it in.

True...... but Canada almost "gave" the game away 4 times by taking the lead 4 times and then giving up a tying goal due to poor defensive play and lousy goaltending.

Yes, the Russians made a mistake, but that's part of the game.

Man...the tourney was on the NHL network?

I've resisted paying the extra for that channel as I think it's a scam by the cable companies.

That woulda changed my mind if I'd known.

I am impressed with NHL Network (and I don't impress easily).

Not only did they show EVERY USA game, they also showed EVERY Canada game :o

Makes sense.... you are watching the next generation of NHL superstars

They had the TSN television feed from Canada, from the pre-game to the post-game show, and even the commercials.

And the other good thing on that channel is "NHL On The Fly" shown every night, where you not only see highlights, you hear the original audio commentary that was boardcast as the goals were scored.

I am impressed with NHL Network (and I don't impress easily).

Not only did they show EVERY USA game, they also showed EVERY Canada game :o

Makes sense.... you are watching the next generation of NHL superstars

They had the TSN television feed from Canada, from the pre-game to the post-game show, and even the commercials.

And the other good thing on that channel is "NHL On The Fly" shown every night, where you not only see highlights, you hear the original audio commentary that was boardcast as the goals were scored.

time for a call to my cable company.

Would you guys agree that World Jr. Hockey is more exciting than pro hockey?

I don't know that I'd say it's more exciting but it's the one sport where I don't mind watching the 'amateur' part of the sport as well.

NCAA football or baseball, the junior baseball tournies...not so much. Junior hockey and NCAA hockey though, I can watch that and enjoy it as much as the pro game.

Absolutely...

More heart...passion...skill...desire...pride...honour

I think I would give skill to the pros but man those young guys were throwing themselves all over the ice playing reckless. Something an NHL player can't do over a long season.

Not for me...other than Tavares (sp?), I would be hard pressed to name another player on the team.

That said, yesterday's games was fun.

Sorry, but when you make a monstrous blunder with a few seconds left that causes your team to lose the game, that's not even close to the same thing.

As much as I love the end result, by all rights we should have been playing for Bronze.

Could you even imagine if the situation was reversed, and Canada would have lost in the same manner? The Canadian media would have roasted that player.

Sorry, but when you make a monstrous blunder with a few seconds left that causes your team to lose the game, that's not even close to the same thing.

As much as I love the end result, by all rights we should have been playing for Bronze.

Could you even imagine if the situation was reversed, and Canada would have lost in the same manner? The Canadian media would have roasted that player.

Agreed, don't try for the empty netter until you cross the red line. Every coach would tell you that and every player should know it. It was more that a physical error it was a huge unforced mental error that cost Russia the tourney.

What makes it exciting is the individual importance of each game. Every game is big, just like college football where every game is important.

And the end is single game elimination, just like March Madness. No best 4 out of 7 here.

That fact, plus the fans going crazy, plus a whole lot of young upcoming talent on teams Canada, USA, Russia and Sweden is what makes the tournament great.

This is the second time Canada has won 5 in a row

Next year we try for 6 in Saskatoon

And then 7 in a row in Buffalo (otherwise known as Toronto South..... the Leafs have more fans there than the Sabres)

I've been following this tournament pretty closely. Moreso this year than previous years because of Cody Hodgson who was the Vancouver Canucks 10th overall pick last year. He ended up leading the tournament in points.

Last night's game was great to watch. You had goals, hits, saves and incredible acting. The Swedish goalie was an embarrassment to his team. He was diving everywhere trying to draw penalties. It was a joke...