• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incredible Hulk 181 9.8 signed.

63 posts in this topic

How cool is this. I just got the word from CGC that a clients book we just got signed by Stan Lee. It was an Incredible Hulk 181 previously graded 9.6 just got graded with Stan's signature a 9.8!! :banana: I heard the clients wife having to resuscitate him after I called him and told him the news. lol I will post a picture as soon as I get the image from CGC.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Wow, I hope your client throws in a nice bonus! So how many K's did his book go up?

This is the first Hulk 181 9.8 Signature Series book, so it's anyone's guess. There were only two 9.6 Signature Series copies, with no reported sales. To put things in perspective, a blue label 9.6 goes for a little less than $5K, while a blue label 9.8 is over $20K. And to think that I thought it was a big deal when I had a Spider-Man #1 Platinum go to 9.8 from 9.6 after being signed by Stan Lee and Todd McFarlane.

Wow, I hope your client throws in a nice bonus! So how many K's did his book go up?

This is the first Hulk 181 9.8 Signature Series book, so it's anyone's guess. There were only two 9.6 Signature Series copies, with no reported sales. To put things in perspective, a blue label 9.6 goes for a little less than $5K, while a blue label 9.8 is over $20K. And to think that I thought it was a big deal when I had a Spider-Man #1 Platinum go to 9.8 from 9.6 after being signed by Stan Lee and Todd McFarlane.

damn, that's going to be some crazy money if they put it up for auction. I know I would put it up in a heart beat...

It is Sharon.. She has the MAAAGIC touch.. I told you all she was my secret weapon.

:luhv:

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

I hope you're payin' her that sweet six figure income for using her magical touch on these books....

ImPRESSive!! lol

lol Bonds25. Actually we cracked the book out of the CGC case, had it signed and then immediately sent it into CGC. No time for any pressing. I do know the previous grade was a very strong 9.6 if that means anything.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Always nice to see when you submit a comic for a signature it increases value around $15,000.

Tis worth pointing out that the SS market, and the HG big ticket book market, aren't exactly one in the same.

Value would be interesting to see if the book went to market, but my estimations is that it would come in below a standard 9.8 universal, but still garner a healthy premium over a 9.6 copy.

And while Stan is coveted, he is neither the writer, or the artist on the book. Essentailly there are more than a few variables to be taken into consideration when trying to apply a price estimation on the book.

Always nice to see when you submit a comic for a signature it increases value around $15,000.

Tis worth pointing out that the SS market, and the HG big ticket book market, aren't exactly one in the same.

Value would be interesting to see if the book went to market, but my estimations is that it would come in below a standard 9.8 universal, but still garner a healthy premium over a 9.6 copy.

And while Stan is coveted, he is neither the writer, or the artist on the book. Essentailly there are more than a few variables to be taken into consideration when trying to apply a price estimation on the book.

On that same note, i've only ever heard of stans sig increasing the value of a book. (even ones he has nothing to do with?:shrug:) Heck if it where me i'd sell that 9.8, buy a 9.6 and get him to sign it again! (maybe buy TWO)

On that same note, i've only ever heard of stans sig increasing the value of a book. (even ones he has nothing to do with?:shrug:) Heck if it where me i'd sell that 9.8, buy a 9.6 and get him to sign it again! (maybe buy TWO)

Yes but at what price range??

A 9.8 181 goes for $$ well outside the scope of 90% of collectors here, so normal assumptions can be safely thrown out the window.

I really would like to see it on the market, it would be very interesting to follow.

I am almost positive w/ the movie coming up and the fact that Stan Lee is who he is there is NO WAY it would sell for less than a normal 9.8 universal. Could not disagree more. (My 2 cents)

I am almost positive w/ the movie coming up and the fact that Stan Lee is who he is there is NO WAY it would sell for less than a normal 9.8 universal. Could not disagree more. (My 2 cents)

And that assumption is based around what exactly (shrug)

Vaugue speculation isn't required, you can break it down. What is the most ever paid for a SS book?

What's the typical asking for #181 9.8.

They are worlds apart. You'll have to find at least two big ticket buyer's who are interested in SS book. Arguably, if it's the only 9.8 to come out around the movie, that's one thing.

If 2 emerge, or it comes out after, the results will be different again.