• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Horse re-releases Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein

12 posts in this topic

Hasn't this been out for several years now...I seem to recall it being around in the late 90's...

I used to have several of the Frankenstein portfolio...sweet stuff...excellent line work by the master... :cloud9:

I figured even without any new material, it's still worth the price to have a hardcover version. At less than $20, that is terrific.

The original softcover was published in 1983. The publication date of this edition is November 2008

The lush black velvety hardcover is quite nice but I still like my 1978 1st printing hard back that I bought from a bookshop, not my LCS, as they did not order the hard back.

Yeah that 1978 printing is rare rare rare. hm

The lush black velvety hardcover is quite nice but I still like my 1978 1st printing hard back that I bought from a bookshop, not my LCS, as they did not order the hard back.

That's what I get for taking info from the internet as fact. I guess I forgot (I had to have known 'cause I was into comics and on the scene in 78) that there was a hardcover edition.

Oh well, I only have the softcover (I know it's somewhere) so I'm happy to be able to get a nice hardcover edition now.

Wonder why there's a long lapse between the 1st hardcover edition in '78 and the softcover one in 93?

Anybody know the scoop on this?

Bob