• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When do the registry awards come up ?

41 posts in this topic

how does one 'enter'? just having an existing set?

As long as the set is not obscured, it'll automatically be entered into the competition.

Pretty sure I got some awards last year for obscured sets I have. (shrug)

As long as the set is not obscured, it'll automatically be entered into the competition.

There are two types of awards - the one that He11blazer posted a picture of is the award that's automatically given out to the highest-ranked set in each & every set category. Doesn't matter whether the set is obscured or not - if it's the highest-ranked, you'll get an award like this in the mail.

The second type of award is the one hand-selected by the CGC peeps - like "best modern set", "best presentation", etc. For those you get a fancy glass plaque - but they won't pick your set for this award if it's obscured (because then they can't show it off on the site).

There are two types of awards - the one that He11blazer posted a picture of is the award that's automatically given out to the highest-ranked set in each & every set category. Doesn't matter whether the set is obscured or not - if it's the highest-ranked, you'll get an award like this in the mail.

The second type of award is the one hand-selected by the CGC peeps - like "best modern set", "best presentation", etc. For those you get a fancy glass plaque - but they won't pick your set for this award if it's obscured (because then they can't show it off on the site).

If you could complete that Sandman run in 9.8, I think that would deserve a 'best modern' (thumbs u

EDIT: On second thought, looks like you already got one! I forgot :applause: