• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicsupply.com - Group Legal Action???

43 posts in this topic

Here's an idea to F with them, win every auction but not pay. That should ruffle his feathers.

And all those negatives will seriously hurt. :devil:

you can't leave a negative if you don't pay for the product... he will just file NPB forms, and then back to business as usual (outside of the inconvenience)

I would think he's reading these threads.

If you have a problem - call them (the number is on their website), email them (their email address is on their site), or file a chargeback with either your credit card company or paypal.

I contacted them twice through the website and emailed Russell directly as to the status of the order. All 3 attempts were ignored.

Filed a claim with paypal. They would not refund a cash transfer for an external merchant for non-delivery. Don't know the reason for the exact policy but it probably has to to with them having no way to confirm shipment by non-ebay merchants.

Unfilled orders are listed on comicsuppply's order system. Don't make it sound like they have just made some innocent oversights. My order still shows on their website as pending shipment since last year. Any merchant who is made aware that they made a mistake will strive to correct it if they are honest. Especially if they have their own log of what is unresolved. The dishonest ones ignore the problems and hope they go away.

Here's an idea to F with them, win every auction but not pay. That should ruffle his feathers.

you can't leave a negative if you don't pay for the product... he will just file NPB forms, and then back to business as usual (outside of the inconvenience)

Unless there is a recent change, you CAN leave a negative if you haven't paid, it's one of the dreadful problems they created with the changes. Even before, you could leave a neg, as long as you answered the NPB thing, you only had to leave an answer, any answer.

I noticed the large auction of GA books was removed. It appeared to be a Dutch auction with 4 different auctions in one, which is not acceptable.

Unless there is a recent change, you CAN leave a negative if you haven't paid, it's one of the dreadful problems they created with the changes. Even before, you could leave a neg, as long as you answered the NPB thing, you only had to leave an answer, any answer.

I noticed the large auction of GA books was removed. It appeared to be a Dutch auction with 4 different auctions in one, which is not acceptable.

interesting...maybe that is the "loophole" (thumbs u

Actually, whenever there is one of these threads, there are a few people who stand up for him, he seems to PM or call them behind the scenes.

Uhm, no. I never had a problem with my orders with him and I stated so in previous threads. He has never contacted me. I also would not try to purchase anything from him in the future.

If you have a problem - call them (the number is on their website), email them (their email address is on their site), or file a chargeback with either your credit card company or paypal.

I contacted them twice through the website and emailed Russell directly as to the status of the order. All 3 attempts were ignored.

Filed a claim with paypal. They would not refund a cash transfer for an external merchant for non-delivery. Don't know the reason for the exact policy but it probably has to to with them having no way to confirm shipment by non-ebay merchants.

Unfilled orders are listed on comicsuppply's order system. Don't make it sound like they have just made some innocent oversights. My order still shows on their website as pending shipment since last year. Any merchant who is made aware that they made a mistake will strive to correct it if they are honest. Especially if they have their own log of what is unresolved. The dishonest ones ignore the problems and hope they go away.

My experience with Paypal was the same. For a non-ebay dispute, they don't really get involved once shipping is confirmed. They will file the claim and perhaps email both parties. If it still goes undisputed though they flag the account internally only. Your only recourse is to go through your credit card company.

However, they should do something for non-shipment. I would call them and speak with a supervisor because from what they told me in my case is if the package is not delivered they handle the case differently than for non-ebay not as described disputes.

I sincerely doubt that:

a) comicsupply hasn't posted on these boards in a year & a half

b) the CGC boards are not a source of business for them

c) every single time there's a thread about comicsupply, you get the same 4-5 people saying that they were ripped off, they are owed money, etc, and then 20-30 other people joining in the chorus of "comicsupply sucks"

My sympathies for people who are owed money or products, but, seriously, thinking that comicsupply actually reads these threads or will solve anything here on the CGC boards is ridiculous. If you have a problem - call them (the number is on their website), email them (their email address is on their site), or file a chargeback with either your credit card company or paypal.

Here's a good tip for anyone.

1) IF YOU DON'T RECEIVE YOUR GOODS WITHIN ONE MONTH OF PAYMENT, INITIATE A CHARGE BACK ASAP. (that's assuming you used a credit card). Being patient leads to you getting screwed.

That hasn't been my experience. I think maybe ComicSupply just wants to be friends.

So what has been your wonderful experience to come to that conclusion against such overwhelming contradictional experience documented by much longer standing members here? 017.gif

This is your opportunity to separate yourself from the shills, so take it.

*sigh*

It was a joke. I was playing off the cliche of a "doormat"-type geek trying to be patient with a girl in the hopes that he will one day "get something" from her, only to have her decide that she "just wants to be friends".

That's why I bolded the portion that I did and responded in the way that I did.

Settle down.

This guy Russ (or whatever his name is) has to be the biggest tool ever!

He obviously doesn't care if people are satisfied with his business ethics...

He obviously doesn't care if he's reported several times to the Better Business Bureau

or the authorities for fraudulent activities...

He obviously doesn't care how many people he has to drag down to take money from...

SO WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH IS ANYONE HERE STILL DEALING WITH THIS GUY????

Someone please tell me!

He needs to be pinned as the #1 individual NOT to do business with in a

high profile thread that lists companies avoid - PERIOD!

:sumo:

He obviously doesn't care if he's reported several times to the Better Business Bureau or the authorities for fraudulent activities...

That's new - got any facts to back this up? Or are you just on another one of your anti-comicsupply rants?

Settling down is never an option for the highly caffienated.

You could have at least strung me along a while with a friends story.

That's what friends would do for friends :cry:

Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but a few months ago my friend was dying of acute kidneyitis and when what was to be his final order from ComicSupply arrived (a copy of the Essential Howard The Duck -- it only added to the tragedy of it all), he found not only the book but also a human kidney packaged in a Mylite 2 with a full back... and a bill for $350,000. It was a confusing day of mixed emotions, to say the least.

He obviously doesn't care if he's reported several times to the Better Business Bureau or the authorities for fraudulent activities...

That's new - got any facts to back this up? Or are you just on another one of your anti-comicsupply rants?

Read it closely, I said "If He's", I didn't state that he has.

But if you had several individuals that you didn't provide service for

after taking their hard earned money then the above is bound to happen.

I rant like this because this is a constant and continuous theme that I hope to see end someday.

He needs to man-up and provide for his customers or just get out of the business.

No need to provide cheesy sob story after sob story, just get the hell out...

Hearing about this over and over and over has become colossally boring for pete sake!

:P

I rant like this because this is a constant and continuous theme that I hope to see end someday.

He needs to man-up and provide for his customers or just get out of the business.

Hearing about this over and over and over has become colossally boring for pete sake!

Sure, I'm in total agreement with you - comicsupply needs to make things right for the people that are owed refunds/money/products. But ... seriously ... thinking that it's going to happen by posting a thread here on the CGC boards is silly - they obviously stopped coming to the boards a long time ago, and, once again, absolutely nothing is going to come of this thread.

My experience has been different. I had placed an order that initially was not delivered. I called and left voice mails as well as emails on the website. Russ contacted me via email and asked for the specifics of the order. I sent him a copy of the order from paypal and he sent the items the next day.

So it appeared that the computer system was not working properly but he responded to my request and sent my order.

I usually get the microchamber papers through comicsupply as I have not found anyone else selling them nor have I had any problems with the service.

Sure, I'm in total agreement with you - comicsupply needs to make things right for the people that are owed refunds/money/products. But ... seriously ... thinking that it's going to happen by posting a thread here on the CGC boards is silly - they obviously stopped coming to the boards a long time ago, and, once again, absolutely nothing is going to come of this thread.

And THAT'S the travesty of it all.

Somehow, someway good people on these boards are still buying from this clown.

I still would love to see a thread pinned of the Hall of Shame of who NOT

to buy from, then maybe there might be a little power behind the post here

by educating people on how to avoid pieces of slop like this...

Have you read the initial post in this thread? Whether comicsupply sees this thread or not.....is irrelevant. (shrug)