• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WATCHMEN: SETTLED

5 posts in this topic

http://www.newsarama.com/film/010915-Watchmen-Settled.html

It has been reported that Warner Bros. will seek reimbursement for the amount being paid to Fox from Gordon, due to the fact that Gordon’s attorney from 1994, when he left Fox, admitted that he did not inform Gordon or Warner Bros. of the claim Fox had on the Watchmen film.

So, if I read this correctly, Larry Gordon, the Producer, the guy who put this whole thing together, is the one who is going to now suffer the most financially from this entire affair?!? That is ripe -- there just really are no words to describe the turn of that screw.

So, if I read this correctly, Larry Gordon, the Producer, the guy who put this whole thing together, is the one who is going to now suffer the most financially from this entire affair?!? That is ripe -- there just really are no words to describe the turn of that screw.

Well if he it up why should he not pay up

Not at all surprising. There was too much money at stake for this film not to be distributed as a summer blockbuster.

As for who pays, Gordon or his attorney, if I had to guess, that will take the form of its own lawsuit, possibly on malpractice or other grounds. Happily, however, that ancillary lawsuit will not affect the release of the film.

Best regards all.

- Artemis