• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frazetta???? You decide

86 posts in this topic

Yes, I agree, actually several of their recent posts have looked a little "funny". Can someone contact Frazetta expert extraordinaire "Doc" Winiewicz? I'm sure he could give a proper thumbs up or thumbs down on these. "Paging Doctor Winiewicz, Paging Doctor Winiewicz, we have a possible Frazetta emergency in Ebay aisle 89943, Stat!".

so wait.............

are you guys saying this is not a frazetta prelim? (what do you think it is? art by Frank Jr?)

just call the number.......those are Frank Jr's phone numbers.

Item location is where the museum is.

It is def. Frank Jr. running the ebay listing.

It doesn't look like frank to me either but with frank jr running the listing I don't know what to think. I will say though that even the finished piece doesn't have frank's usual energy except perhaps in conan's back.

on the whole with jr. running the listing I would tend to think its legit (shrug)

It doesn't make sense to me. I will try to call him tomorrow. I have NEVER seen those prelims published anywhere prior to this auction and you would think that prelims that finished would have seen the light of day before this week.

S

aren't his prelims usually washes? that's the first thing that struck me. They normally have a very opaque look whereas this piece does not. Maybe it just looks different than the other prelims because its full oils?

I just called the number on the listing and left a voicemail for Frank, Jr. to call me. Everybody list their questions and concerns and I will try to get them answered.

Another thing I noticed is that many of Frank's prelims were done in his sketchbook. Granted some were cut down over the years to the standard size but the listing states that these are done on heavy paper????

actually Steve, it looks right to me.. sometimes Frank did very detailed prelims, others he did that sh**ty kind of work. all depends on how you feel at any moment I guess

if you look at the one that's up now, it looks much better

Jr could use better photography though.