• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Exciting Comics #9

82 posts in this topic

Hey, Pinball. Are we talking about the same book? hm

:cry: Maybe..

So, who in this thread did or did not get the Excitings. I tracked them down and they are sold. So who is the lucky devil?

:shy:

So, who in this thread did or did not get the Excitings. I tracked them down and they are sold. So who is the lucky devil?

:sumo: (thumbs u

Glad you got them. How about posting them when you can.

:cry:

Thanks Rick! I will post scans as soon as I can.

I saw the other books you mentioned too and they were very nice. Were you the one that got the really nice All American at the same place as those?

Thanks Rick! I will post scans as soon as I can.

I saw the other books you mentioned too and they were very nice. Were you the one that got the really nice All American at the same place as those?

D**N I never go and look at a "particular dealers" stuff...guess I need to

great pickup Tim :applause:

Ok guys, here are the books. For all of you that wanted to know the low down on these. They were at the Charlotte MiniCon last weekend. Chris Foss (Heroes & Dragons) kindly showed them to me and mentioned that this was the first time he had ever had an Exciting #9.

They come from an original owner collection. A person was hired to clean out an attic of the original owners house and discovered these with other books. A few other Exciting books were there too. Those were prior to the Exciting #9. The hired hand brought them into Chris's shop and he purchased them. The three that I purchased were the only Black Terror issues. Exciting 9, 10, and 13.

I of course did not purchase them at the con. I bought them a little later in the week. I appreciate everyone's comments in this thread. It definitely helped me decide. Sorry to the other people who were interested in these books. :foryou:

Exciting Comics #9 has two wraps loose but the centerfold is there! :banana: Pages are cream with taning on the outer edges. All interior pages are supple except the parts that are exposed. The cover does have a 2" split going down the spine from the top. That was a little surprise but the colors are very good.

exciting9front.jpg

exciting9back.jpg

Exciting #10 is complete with all pages intact. Pages are CR/OW. Missing parts of the back cover.

exciting10front.jpg

exciting10back.jpg

Exciting #13 A very solid book too. All pages intact. Pages are CR/OW.

exciting13front.jpg

exciting13back.jpg

Chris Foss is the man! Athough I almost knocked an Avengers #57 off his display in SD:CC :blush:.

Have you thought about having the #9 pressed for conservation and eye appeal?

I have thought about that already and very well may do it. I talked to Matt about it a couple days ago even before I got my hands on them.

Kind of cool that there is no doubt they all came from the same collection.

#13 cracks me up - In the GA there were no reservations about having 10 year old kid sidekicks shoot people.

Great pickups Tim. Glad you got them. (thumbs u

Did you see some of the books David S. had?

I did see them. Very nice books! I bought a one shot City of The Living Dead from him. I may meet up with him and look at some more stuff in the near future. He lives in the same city as my inlaws.