• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Martin Luther King "Montgomery Story" Comic Book

10 posts in this topic

I did not see any other posts about this, but if there are any, I apologize.

I came across this 2 years ago and I think this is one of the greatest uses of a Comic Book of all time, by the Rev. King himself.

The entire comic is readable at: http://www.ep.tc/mlk/

It was distributed to help encourage peaceful protest of Civil Rights violations.

A few copies can be found in the Promotional Comics thread in the Gold section, but being able to read it is very cool. Thanks.

Not quite as rare as Overstreet indicates, but a tough book and sought after more than most promo books.

The English version has a mailer. I will look through my files and see if I can find it. Also, the Spanish version is a slightly different size format then the English version.

As PokerKid stated, this book is not as rare as OS indicates (in one of the Guides the text claims there are only 7 known copies; alas, that is not true).

I've thought that was probably a low number. (I know it didn't include mine, which I've had for 25 years) How many would you guess there are? It seems like the sort of book that would be sitting in a drawer in a lot of households throughout the US.

As PokerKid stated, this book is not as rare as OS indicates (in one of the Guides the text claims there are only 7 known copies; alas, that is not true).

I've thought that was probably a low number. (I know it didn't include mine, which I've had for 25 years) How many would you guess there are? It seems like the sort of book that would be sitting in a drawer in a lot of households throughout the US.

A fair guess would be 30-100 copies or so of the English edition. No real easy way to account for them. The Spanish printing seems to turn up less then the English. Besides it being a comic book this book has a lot of other interest to it. Collectors of Social History might want a copy was would anyone who collect MLK items, etc.

A fair guess would be 30-100 copies or so of the English edition. No real easy way to account for them. The Spanish printing seems to turn up less then the English. Besides it being a comic book this book has a lot of other interest to it. Collectors of Social History might want a copy was would anyone who collect MLK items, etc.

At least that amount for the English version. I own several copies myself. At least one copy is almost always available on ebay in one shape or another ranging from $100 to several hundred dollars. I have seen less than 5 copies of the Spanish version available on ebay, and never anywhere else (not that I am looking aggressively), over the last few years.