• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What type of Comiclink auction will get me highest prices for "better" books?

11 posts in this topic

I am considering selling some books in a Comiclink auction. I have sold on Comiclink before, but never in an auction.

They tell me the next auction in February (the February/March Featured Focused Auction) is for books worth $300 or more.

And the auction after that in March (the March/April Focused Auction) is for books worth $50 or more.

I have silver and bronze slabs worth anything from $50 to $1000 each.

My question is this:

For my books worth $300 or more, am I better off putting them in the "Featured Focused" auction? Or the "Focused" auction?

On the one hand, the "Featured Focused" auction might draw people that have more money to spend. But I am also competing against a lot of very high quality books.

On the other hand, if I put my better books in the "Focused" auction, the people viewing might be on a lower budget. But I would be competing against less really high quality books.

Anyone have much experience with this?

What type of auction (in general) will get me the highest prices for my silver/bronze books worth more than $300?

Thanks. (thumbs u

How about selling them here in the sellers forum... it's free. hm

I've sold some books in the forum including TEC #400 9.4 recently.

But it's a limited audience and sometimes certain books might sell better on C-link.

On the one hand, the "Featured Focused" auction might draw people that have more money to spend. But I am also competing against a lot of very high quality books.

Ya, you got to watch out for that, if the focus is all on hot SA Marvel... your result will be feeble.

Try the board's first. Particularly for 'standard' material, where there's little chance of getting above normal results. You'll gain some more money for the effort (thumbs u

How much are you asking for the Dollar Detective ?

I don't sell any Batman 9.8's (except duplicates) because they are in my permanent collection (unless someone paid CRAZY money for the book I guess).

I am looking to BUY Batman 9.8's, not sell them.

Highest graded stuff will obviously do best in an auction scenario as will keys and tough books.

I don't think the type of auction will matter as if it's quality stuff people will bid on it.

R.

Don't listen to all this nonsense about selling on the boards. Why have to fix a price and negotiate against yourself?

Put it up in an auction and let crazed bidders determine what is the right price for your books. It might be much more than you ever would have listed the book for on the boards.

Based on the kind of books you're describing, it probably doesn't really matter which of the CL auctions you sell them in. If you think your books will stand out better in the March/April auction, and you're not in a rush to get money for them, put them in the March/April auction.

Regarding the original question, sometimes CL will just put your books in the auction that you start next.

Plus, there are other factors such as if there is another copy of the same book in the same grade. They usually don't list the same book in the same grade although they have 2 GS Man-Thing 1s in CGC 9.6 currently.

Sometimes, they may have 5+ copies of the same book in the same grade. I consigned an ASM 95 CGC 9.6 WP and it didn't get listed until 2 more auctions after the first auction were a lot of my books were listed. In fact, this auction must be the 7th or 8th straight auction where there is a copy of that book in that grade and PQ. (shrug)

Greggy is right although the only time i have seen them list more than one book in the same grade is if one is a pedigree copy as some buyers may have a preference between a ped or a non ped copy.

(thumbs u