• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ya wanna be starting something? Joe 21 9.8 Primer #2 TMNT Walking Dead #1 & OA!

75 posts in this topic

I seem to remember , via the pages of the old CBG, a dealer named Mr. KOCH, selling a warehouse find of the Primer # 2.

Prior to that , the Primer # 2's were TRULY scarce.

THis was about 15 years ago (or more), and I seem to remember him selling them for $60.00 each.

I always think, when I see slabbed , high grade copies of this issue, that they probably originated from that find.

Anyone have any info or recollections on this ?

Yeah, he bought out all of Comico's back issues (along with a bunch of others). He had 100's of Primer #2. If you do a search I know there have been threads about it. For a bit he was selling copies at VF+ on ebay for less then $30 and many were coming back from CGC in the 9.0-9.6 range. That's is one of the main reasons it is so common in decent grades. I haven't checked the census on it in a long time but I remember there was something close to 100 copies between 9.2 and 9.6. 9.8's are a bit trickier. When I last checked there were only about 5 or 6 copies. I'm sure there are probably more now.

-William

I seem to remember , via the pages of the old CBG, a dealer named Mr. KOCH, selling a warehouse find of the Primer # 2.

THis was about 15 years ago (or more), and I seem to remember him selling them for $60.00 each.

I always think, when I see slabbed , high grade copies of this issue, that they probably originated from that find.

Yeah, he bought out all of Comico's back issues (along with a bunch of others). He had 100's of Primer #2. If you do a search I know there have been threads about it. For a bit he was selling copies at VF+ on ebay for less then $30 and many were coming back from CGC in the 9.0-9.6 range. That's is one of the main reasons it is so common in decent grades. I haven't checked the census on it in a long time but I remember there was something close to 100 copies between 9.2 and 9.6. 9.8's are a bit trickier. When I last checked there were only about 5 or 6 copies. I'm sure there are probably more now.

-William

I don't know how often the census is updated, but as of today, there are 7 CGC 9.8 Primer #2's. ( :gossip: and 1 CGC SS 9.8 which hopefully is mine that's coming back to me)

Brian

great detective work. these Primers were birthed from the man in question. such a small tight knit community we all interact. :)