• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: ebay blames the economy for it's poor financial results

74 posts in this topic

You/I/We all say the same mess every time eBay comes up around here:

eBay should go back to the way it was, yada yada yada.

Well - why don't we shut the fark up and pool our resources, find some coders and make a site "like it used to be". Gawd knows we can find some out of work programmers these days...

Who is gonna rope this goat?

Well - why don't we shut the fark up and pool our resources, find some coders and make a site "like it used to be". Gawd knows we can find some out of work programmers these days...

Not to be too heavy on the puns, but I believe a man called Hoss is having a go at this very thing down at the Corral. :gossip:

Well after looking at the Pop Culture website and a few other "sell your own stuff on your own site" sites I was thinking it would be nice if there was a webring type linkage and perhaps even assistance by others here in getting many boardies to get each other set up like that to have there stuff up and visible 24/7 to a wider audience and when they don't have a "forum only selling" thread going hm

Story here

When will the investors WAKE UP and realize ebay is a sinking ship doh!

Management is clueless and is systematically destroying everything that ebay successful in the first place

The bad economy should be HELPING ebay as people sell their junk for extra cash.

Stock price is at it's 1999 level of $12 (down from $55)

I hate the fees on EBay but it has been a great venue to buy and sell books over the years [although I'm not thrilled with the latest feedback rules, etc]. At its current prices levels this might be a nice buy and hold for a few years because once the economy starts to turn and maybe if EBay actually listens to their customers I don't see reason why you couldn't triple your return.

This is something you could apply across the Board in countless Organizations.

If it ain't broken, then don't try to fix it.

But they always do... doh!

That's what SEARS thought in 1979 before Wal-mart bashed their head in with new technologies.

SEARS decided "not to fix it".

I've been with Sears for over 20 years, that is only the tip of the iceberg.

There was a book we read in business school called THE BIG STORE that documents the decline of SEARS. People don't remember this, but they were a GIANT. In the late 1970's, they were #1 and were bigger than #2, #3, #4 and #5 combined (as I recall from the book).

Relief may be closer than you think.

This is something you could apply across the Board in countless Organizations.

If it ain't broken, then don't try to fix it.

But they always do... doh!

That's what SEARS thought in 1979 before Wal-mart bashed their head in with new technologies.

SEARS decided "not to fix it".

I've been with Sears for over 20 years, that is only the tip of the iceberg.

There was a book we read in business school called THE BIG STORE that documents the decline of SEARS. People don't remember this, but they were a GIANT. In the late 1970's, they were #1 and were bigger than #2, #3, #4 and #5 combined (as I recall from the book).

Sears (Sears Holdings) is still HUGE. K-Mart, Craftsmen, Lands' End, etc. Now Montgomery Wards on the hand... :whistle:

Whats up Royce :whistle:

What's up Dennis? :banana:

What's up Dennis? :banana:

Hey, it's late in Oregon. shouldn't you old Oregon guys be asleep? :roflmao:

Not to be too heavy on the puns, but I believe a man called Hoss is having a go at this very thing down at the Corral. :gossip:

Correct.

comicsbid

No offense to Hoss as he seems to be alright.But if this is the best anyone can do its ebay for life.

Well obviously it looks weak at the moment, but I guess maybe ebay did when it started up, I dunno (shrug)

Al least he's having a go at providing some sort of alternative.

Got to applaud him for that.

Its a painfully slow process trying to attract sellers I suppose but little acorns and all that. :)

Well obviously it looks weak at the moment, but I guess maybe ebay did when it started up, I dunno (shrug)

Al least he's having a go at providing some sort of alternative.

How is a place called ComicsBid going to be an alternative to EBay? doh!

Unless of course you wear comics, eat comics, watch comics, listen to comics, do work on comics, play with comics, throw comics, drive comics, etc.

No, EBay's problem is that their board and management wants to get away from the dirty "flea-bay" business plan that made them billions, and get in with the Amazons of the online world, so they'll be able to go to all the right parties and meet all the beautiful people.

And I am not joking.