• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 Black Lanterns revealed - spoileris

60 posts in this topic

l_f0333471d2d54163b88fd876acb814cb.jpg

l_fcb21d2e37b942f9b4d5cbd202ed2a2d.jpg

From a DC direct advert apparently.

E2 Supes and MM.

MM not really a surprise but E2 Supes seems daring.

Don't see any lanterns or rings though. Don't know if it's just the way the pics are composed or if they're not going to be relevant to the story.

Im not a DC guy but after reading one Sinestro Corps book Ive been hooked. Now Ive tried to keep up by picking up GL Sinestro Corps HCs and then Secret Origins HC. Let me know if I got this right so far:

Green Lantern- Willpower

Red Lantern- Hate

Yellow Lantern- Fear

Black Lantern- (Death???)

Also, why Earth 2 Supes and Manhunter?

Any GL fans, please chime in and let me know if there is another book I'm missing for this upcoming Darkest Night saga (preferably a HC).

(thumbs u

Any GL fans, please chime in and let me know if there is another book I'm missing for this upcoming Darkest Night saga (preferably a HC).

(thumbs u

The Rage of the Red Lanterns and the current GL and GLC books are covering the various colours so you might want to leaf thru those at your LCS if they're not already on your pull list but I don't think there's any comps out of the current arcs yet.

Secret Origin as a good retcon to set the stage for what's coming including a plausible reason for why Abin Sur was in a spaceship.

As for why E2 Supes and MM? Just popular dead characters. Bringing them back without the usual 'nobody ever stays dead' stupidity.

Would expect there to be more than a few dead GLs reintroduced as BLs and as noted above many of the dead players from all the recent Crisis events.

Black Lantern Elongated Man would be amusing.

Pretty awesome.

Earth-2 Superman Black Lantern and Martian Manhunters are great choices. Up next hopefully - Superboy, Blue Beetle, Max Lord. Name some more dead DC characters!

doh!

Earth 2 Supes? Superman Prime, Cyborg Superman...

How many are out there? Anyone can give me a quick bio on Earth 2 Supes? Why him? Is there an earth 3, 4, 5...

Man I hate trying to learn a whole new universe. All I know about DC is probably what i see every now and then on old episodes of SuperFriends, Justice League , and The Batman.

:blush:

Pretty awesome.

Earth-2 Superman Black Lantern and Martian Manhunters are great choices. Up next hopefully - Superboy, Blue Beetle, Max Lord. Name some more dead DC characters!

doh!

How many are out there? Anyone can give me a quick bio on Earth 2 Supes? Why him? Is there an earth 3, 4, 5...

Superman Prime is the grown up evil version of Superboy Prime who was a driving force behind the return of the multiverse. He spent a lot of his time trying to find his 'perfect' Earth.

Cyborg Superman came out of the 'Death of Superman' story of the early 90s. An overused character of late.

E2 Supes is a continuity fix for Supes. E2 Supes is a member of the JSA and E1 Supes a member of the JLA. Part of a multiverse fix account for a Superman title dating back to the golden age that had been published non stop and continued to be published going into the Silver Age where he didn't quite fit in with the publishing that was going on at DC. E1 and E2 Supes are the two most commonly accepted Supes and most other Supes type characters diverge more from them as their worlds changed in the multiverse. The popularity of the JLA/JSA crossovers of the 70s and 80s was partly due to the GA characters getting some love with their SA counterparts and made for great reading and ratings.

Earth 2 was considered to be the 'Golden Age' Earth and Earth 1 the Silver Age and forward Earth.

Im not a DC guy but after reading one Sinestro Corps book Ive been hooked. Now Ive tried to keep up by picking up GL Sinestro Corps HCs and then Secret Origins HC. Let me know if I got this right so far:

Green Lantern- Willpower

Red Lantern- Hate

Yellow Lantern- Fear

Black Lantern- (Death???)

(thumbs u

Sapphire Lantern - Love

Earth-2 Superman can be used because he died during the Infinite Crisis saga a couple years back, so his body is in the current DC continuity Universe.

Martian Manhunter recently died.

Any dead DC character is up for grabs basically with the Black Lanterns.

If you look up the Sinestro War conclusion there's a preview of all the Lantern colors, and I know the individual colors have been discussed by Johns and Sciver...

Orange is greed

Blue is hope

Purple is love

Red is hate/rage

Green is willpower

Yellow is fear

Black is death

and don't forget about White..... I'm sure that will be something that comes up at the end of Blackest Night

Ion is a symbiote that is the embodiment of willpower and works with the Guardians and has a Lantern as host.

Once taking in Ion I don't believe the Lantern needs a battery or ring any longer and simply channels the Ion powers directly.

Ion is the 'good' counterpart to Parallax the embodiment of fear.

Ion is currently in Sodam Yat.

Pretty awesome.

doh!

Man I hate trying to learn a whole new universe. All I know about DC is probably what i see every now and then on old episodes of SuperFriends, Justice League , and The Batman.

Unless I'm mistaken Earth 2 is all the Golden Age Heroes as opposed to Earth 1 (the current DC universe) which means

Earth 2 Superman = The guy on the cover of Action Comics #1

There are/were Earth 3,4,5, etc... got to read the original crisis on infinite earths to get up to speed or just use wikipedia for a good synopsis.

Anyone think this might be the way they finally bring back Conner - Superboy????

Many people have said exactly that since they released the concept of the BLs.

Personally I'm hoping that it doesn't turn into a White nullifies Black and brings everybody back to life kinda thing.

And looking at those pics, it makes me wish somebody would by Heroclix from Topps and make a Blackest Night theme set.

Would be some great figs.

Quoted for truth. I love hearing pro-heroclix statements, I myself am a player/former Envoy for heroclix for the past 6 years.

It is starting to get very interesting in the GL universe right now. Hal appears to be the central figure for all of the emotions right now. In the latest issue he was being asked to go Blue, but ended up as a Red Lantern in the end. My guess is that he will be the "White" Lantern (or White Knight) at the end of everything that saves the day.

I really liked the comments by Sinestro re: Hal destroying the Guardians at some point. It looks like they are setting things up for some of the Guardians to start picking color sides to be on (one has already been corrupted......).

Re Ion: Let's correct it - the current Ion = Wuss. For someone who is supposed to be nearly as powerful as Superman he sure gets wailed on a lot (ingnoring the fact that a Grade 1 student with a lead pencil can kill him as well lol ).

It is also nice to see the E2 Supes as a Black Lantern. My hope is that he will have a nice showdown with Superboy-man Prime.

In any case, it looks like Geoff Johns is setting things up for a wild ride! (thumbs u